PDA

View Full Version : Rk2918 usb drivers

elios115
07-16-2012, 11:34 AM
hello everyone,

i am having a problem flashing my tab. no matter what drivers i use(rockship usb, adb, android sdk drivers) none seems to light the green color in the rkbatch tool. i tried on different pc with the same result. once in recovery mode, a new usb device shows with the name mw07 (USB\VID_18D1&PID_D001)
i forced the rk29 drivers and i changed the VID and PID in the conf.ini file of the rkbatch tool to my hardware one . i got a pink light on with error when upgrading or restoring.

check the picture

elios115
07-16-2012, 04:03 PM
i have a question? can a tablet with rk2918 be flashed with livesuit and with a firmware for cortex a8 all winner 10?
because i m able to flash my tab with livesuit and with firmware for allwinner and its working very very smooth and fast but camera, screen rotation dont work.
can anybody explain to me what is happening please?

Dansplans
07-16-2012, 04:37 PM
i have a question? can a tablet with rk2918 be flashed with livesuit and with a firmware for cortex a8 all winner 10?
because i m able to flash my tab with livesuit and with firmware for allwinner and its working very very smooth and fast but camera, screen rotation dont work.
can anybody explain to me what is happening please?

If your original firmware is an image file and you can use livesuit, you probably can flash the correct firmware on the tablet. It is amazing that your tablet works at all with A10 firmware.

You also could install CWM and try a few of the compatability patches for A10 devices. You could get lucky and at least get the screen working.

Here is a link to the Christian Troy file depository: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

elios115
07-16-2012, 04:57 PM
my main problem is that the firmware provided by the manufacturer is not working with livesuit with error msg :"image file invalid" whereas all others are working:)
and i am not able to get drivers working with rkbatch tool.(no green light) so im trying to flash every single firmware close to my 9.7 inch tab to check which one has all funtions (camera, screen rotation...wifi) working. any other solution someone might think about?

update: i got the firmware of eken90 working but with no screen rotation and back button. is there anyway through copying files from another same tablet to fix sensors, screen rotation and back button?

Dave.S
07-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Hello Elios115,

You were most lucky for not bricking your tab.

Do not use Livesuit and firmwares for Cortex, A10, etc . . .
Use Firmwares that were developed for the Cube only here [Only registered and activated users can see links]
There are two types; One with single image file and one with multiple image files.
For single image file, use this : [Only registered and activated users can see links]
For multiple image files, use this : [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Dave

elios115
07-16-2012, 11:18 PM
thank you for ur advice, but as i mentioned before, i was never able to make both tools recognize my connected device because i could not install the usb drivers properly.
moreover the manufacturers guide is to use the livesuit with the .img file they provided on their website. but it never worked with an error"image file invalid"-----anyone knows why this error msg?

one thing i noticed after installing android system info, that the cpu name is sun4i although the manufacturer say on the site that it is rk2918 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

anyone can help with this confusion of mine?

Dave.S
07-17-2012, 05:13 AM
Hello again,

Try Quick System Info or similar app (google to search).
These apps would tell you what processor is in your tablet.

Dave

elios115
07-17-2012, 05:47 AM
hello thx,

it says sun4i armv7 cpu

elios115
07-17-2012, 05:53 AM
the best firmware that worked even better than the stock that was on it is the jxd S9000 4.0.3 firmware.
the only thing that is not working are the sensors(screen rotation, games)..
is their any compatibility pack for this or anthing to do to fix the sensors without flashing another rom?

edborg
07-17-2012, 12:04 PM
hello everyone,

i am having a problem flashing my tab. no matter what drivers i use(rockship usb, adb, android sdk drivers) none seems to light the green color in the rkbatch tool. i tried on different pc with the same result. once in recovery mode, a new usb device shows with the name mw07 (USB\VID_18D1&PID_D001)
i forced the rk29 drivers and i changed the VID and PID in the conf.ini file of the rkbatch tool to my hardware one . i got a pink light on with error when upgrading or restoring.

check the picture
Your picture shows that you try to flash with the ADB drivers. It doesn't work like that.
You may not have followed the exact procedure to install and/or to flash.
If you cannot properly install drivers, please read here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Each driver is used for a different purpose and requires a different procedure to be installed.

edborg

elios115
07-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Your picture shows that you try to flash with the ADB drivers. It doesn't work like that.
You may not have followed the exact procedure to install and/or to flash.
If you cannot properly install drivers, please read here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Each driver is used for a different purpose and requires a different procedure to be installed.

edborg

thank you for your reply. i also tried with the rk usb drivers with same result. however i am able to flash with livesuit.
my manufacturer says that the cpu is rk2918 where android system info shows sun4i arm 7 cpu

how is that?

Dave.S
07-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Hello Elios115,

It is hard to follow your many posts, lol . . . :tears_of_joy:
It appeared, that the specs of your tablet are similar to the Cube U9GT2's, however, System Info and flashing history said otherwise. One thing is certain that you won't hesitate to test knowing the risk. Isn't that so ?

If I am in your shoes, I would investigate a potential product thoroughly before I purchase. But you passed that point now. Given the situation, and conflicting data, I would try to return for refund as the product does not seem to meet the specs.

If that fails, I'd try to open the tablet to see what kind of processor is in there. The fact that you were able to flash with Livesuit indicates that your tablet is more compatible with the Allwinner A10 family than the Rockchip's.

I'm most interested in your situation, and keep us posted on your progress.

Dave,

elios115
07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
hey dave,
i wont return or refund. i ll keep to testing with different allwinner A10 firmwares.
its funny that the firmware image provided on the manufacturer's website does not work with livesuit :image file invalid
i think they dont know what the specs are:) LOL they have a very weak tech person anyway.

thx for helping,