PDA

View Full Version : [ROM] Compatibility patch for Allwinner A10 CyanogenMod 9

Icewyng
07-21-2012, 10:54 PM
This is a patch to add missing modules to the CyanogenMod 9 (ICS 4.0.4 & Allwinner Kernel 3.3.36+) ROM.

First, a big thank you to Christian Troy for his great work on the CM9 ROM!

Don't forget to backup your apps and data before flashing!

You need to have CWM installed first in order to do this.

1) Get the latest CM9 ROM: CM9 Nightly 20120721 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
2) Next, get the compatibility patch: Vi10EComp1.2rc2.zip - 276.40 KB ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
3) Get into CWM and flash the CM9 Rom first followed by the patch. Voila! CM9 on your Vi10 Elite.

Once installed, make sure to open the Update Me app and update your CWM to version 6.0.1.0. It works great on the Vi10 Elite. You can also get the latest Gapps (2012.04.29) from the same app. However, if you want a real tablet experience, look for the JB 4.1 versions of Play Store, Google+ and YouTube. They are much more practical for us. :-)

Dave.Smith
07-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Hello Icewyng,

It is always a pleasure to see your product.

Dave

Icewyng
07-22-2012, 03:38 PM
The ROM and part of the patch were done by Christian Troy so I have to thank him for the start.

He gave me permission to go ahead and do more work on it so this is what I will do.

Sent from a Onda Vi10 Elite running CM9

chateau
07-25-2012, 08:28 PM
I am familar with Christian Troy's CM9 and use it on my Maylong M-285 Tablet (momo9 compatability).

My question is how do I get my new Onda vi10 Elite into recovery mode using buttons. Read somewhere to hold down BACK key and POWER but have been unable to get that to work.

Another question, is recovery on nandg as I want to install CWM using the following cat /mnt/extsd/recovery.img > /dev/block/nandg which is what I did to get it onto my Maylong M-285.

Icewyng
07-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Chateau,

I have tried many times to reboot into recovery using the hardware buttons on my Vi10 Elite with no success. I think it might have to do with the way the buttons are configured. I will change them to see if I get a better result.

Also, the Vi10 is using nandg for recovery. If you want, I can combine the CWM 6.0.1.0 file with the scripts Fun_ did for the installation?

olgamal
07-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi
Anyone knows if there is any cyanogenmod rom available for the tablet AT9C-A10WA from Artiview Tech.
I give you the link: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
Can anyone make a compilation for my tablet? Thx so much in advance.

chateau
07-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Chateau,

I have tried many times to reboot into recovery using the hardware buttons on my Vi10 Elite with no success. I think it might have to do with the way the buttons are configured. I will change them to see if I get a better result.

Also, the Vi10 is using nandg for recovery. If you want, I can combine the CWM 6.0.1.0 file with the scripts Fun_ did for the installation?

Thanks for the offer and help. I went ahead and did the cat recovery.img > /dev/block/nandg and it worked. I was pretty sure it would.

I have CM9 running on my Vi10 Elite as we speak.

My initial problem with booting to recovery was from the stock firmware. Christian suggested I use Novotools app and that did the trick to get me in the first time.

I can't get my Vi10 Elite to boot into recovery with the keys either but they do work on my Onda Vi30 Deluxe V5 version. While pressing the BACK Key, press and hold the POWER Key for a few seconds, still holding the POWER Key momentarily release the BACK Key and when you see the Android Icon, immediately press and hold the BACK Key and release the POWER key. Recovery is on the way.

The Vi30 Deluxe keys are as follows:
key 28 MENU WAKE_DROP
key 1 BACK WAKE
key 102 HOME WAKE

The Vi10 Elite keys are as follows:
key 28 MENU WAKE_DROPPED
key 1 BACK WAKE
key 102 HOME WAKE

ghost1951
08-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the offer and help. I went ahead and did the cat recovery.img > /dev/block/nandg and it worked. I was pretty sure it would.

My initial problem with booting to recovery was from the stock firmware. Christian suggested I use Novotools app and that did the trick to get me in the first time.

I can't get my Vi10 Elite to boot into recovery with the keys either but they do work on my Onda Vi30 Deluxe V5 version. While pressing the BACK Key, press and hold the POWER Key for a few seconds, still holding the POWER Key momentarily release the BACK Key and when you see the Android Icon, immediately press and hold the BACK Key and release the POWER key. Recovery is on the way.

key 28 MENU WAKE_DROP
key 1 BACK WAKE
key 102 HOME WAKE

key 28 MENU WAKE_DROPPED
key 1 BACK WAKE
key 102 HOME WAKE

My button configuration is the same as your's running Onda stock V5 rom, but that sequence doesn't work for me. It did at first, but something has changed. If I press and hold the back button and press power for a few seconds, nothing happens. Still working on this issue. Tried different configurations. But nothing yet.

ghost1951
08-12-2012, 10:51 AM

key 28 MENU WAKE_DROP
key 1 BACK WAKE
key 102 HOME WAKE

key 28 MENU WAKE_DROPPED
key 1 BACK WAKE
key 102 HOME WAKE

My button configuration is the same, but the button sequence doesn't work. It use to, but something has changed and not sure what. Running stock rom VI10 Deluxe, with CWM 6.0.1.0 Tried different sequences, but nothing yet. Still working on this issue.

stevebor1
08-17-2012, 03:21 PM
What a beautiful rom. I use CM on all my phones and I've been looking all over for a compatible rom for my Onda vi10 Elite. Somehow I stumbled on this forum and installed.
Way smoother than original 4.0.3 rom. Thank you so much.

Also, I noticed that there is an Update Me app. will this work for us?

Dansplans
08-17-2012, 07:55 PM
What a beautiful rom. I use CM on all my phones and I've been looking all over for a compatible rom for my Onda vi10 Elite. Somehow I stumbled on this forum and installed.
Way smoother than original 4.0.3 rom. Thank you so much.

Also, I noticed that there is an Update Me app. will this work for us?

I have used the update me app with a different tablet for OTA updates. It works perfectly, but obviously there needs to be a link to an update location and updates available.

stevebor1
08-17-2012, 08:34 PM
So the only thing I miss from the stock rom is the volume soft keys in the bottom bar. Is there a script to get those back when using the cm9 rom?
Since there are no hw keys, I have to go into settings to manage the volume.

TarylD
08-19-2012, 12:32 AM
can anyone tell me how to turn off the patch or delete it off my tablet?

chateau
08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
So the only thing I miss from the stock rom is the volume soft keys in the bottom bar. Is there a script to get those back when using the cm9 rom?
Since there are no hw keys, I have to go into settings to manage the volume.

There is an app at Google Play that works nicely by putting your volume in the Notification Bar. Christian Troy has a link to it on his site as well. Link [Only registered and activated users can see links]?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5ua nNvZnR3YXJlLnZvbHVtZWNoYW5nZXIiXQ..

chateau
08-27-2012, 10:56 AM
can anyone tell me how to turn off the patch or delete it off my tablet?

If you made a CWM backup before installing CM9, you should be able to reboot into Recovery, wipe data and restore your backup.

zuyq5def
12-05-2012, 05:37 PM
First, CWM works on my Kocaso M730W (from Amazon). (I think it is the same as Eken T03).
Second, I was able to install CWM without using ADB. I used the Terminal app off of Google play, and typed in the commands in the shell scripts.
Third, I was able to finally get into CWM via button pushes. The timing seems pretty sensitive. I had the best luck by:
1. Start with tablet powered off, then power on.
2. When the first graphics logo appears (an Android with little blue halo around it on mine), press reset button.
3. Right after the screen goes black, press VolDown. If you press them too early nothing happens. If you press them too late you boot into Android. On mine sometime a notice two flashes after I press reset. One clears the screen and the second is just a little flicker. I think you have to wait till after the second flash before you press VolDn.

I tried dozens of times and often went ten or more times without getting it right. A few times I did get right two (or even three) times in a row. It's probably just quicker to boot into android and run the reboot script.

(FWIW, if you just press VolUp instead of VolDn you get into a diagnostic or recovery screen, with about 20 selections. However most of the interface is in Chinese so I wasn't sure what it was.)

stevemotard
03-20-2013, 07:24 PM
Hello all i search to install CM9 on my tablet memup slidepad NG 9708 allwinner A10 and i don t know how to do have you the possibility to help me thanks a lot.
I give you the link of the tablet thanks : [Only registered and activated users can see links]

I wish you specify that the tablet is ICS 4.0.4 with root access and installed CMW, I have also the original img.

Excuse my english i am french :-)

Thanks for futures responses.

Stevemotard.