PDA

View Full Version : Rk batch tool doesnt recognise my cube u30gt.....tried 2 cables

Wallace4793
08-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Hi

im trying to flash to evolution prime. ive downloaded rkflash tool and rockchip drivers.

1. first cable (supplied) recognised the cube but gave S13? in windows
2. second cable recogised the cube and device manager says "R30?" once i installed the drivers from pandawill website but rkbatch tool does not detect the cube.

i hope it isnt faulty :-( can anyone advise. ive followed the guides on here but to no avail

pepbel6
08-04-2012, 03:42 AM
You don't need rkflash tool or your pc to update! Forget it: I had the same problem!

Please update using this method and rom EVOLUTION as example:

1) Make sure your tablet is fully charged
2) Extract the file "EvolutionXXX.img" inside zip (use 7-zip file manager)
3) You will need to copy this to your desktop and rename it "update.img"
4) you will need to save this to an sd card
5) put sd card in tablet
6) Restart and cube will detect the update

pepbel6
08-04-2012, 03:47 AM
If this last method doesn't work for you...follow the second post:

2) Download whatever firmware you want and save it to your desktop.
3) Extract the file- I use 7-zip file manager
4) You will need to copy this to your desktop and rename it update
5) you will need to save this to an sd card
6) put sd card in tablet
7)press and hold the volume up button and power button until you see the logo and let go of both buttons
8) You then will see an android guy with a red ! press and hold the volume up and power and another screen comes up with reboot system now, when you see these you let go. It should happen right away after you do power up and volume
9) Use the volume down button to select update rkimage from/sdcard then click the power button to select it.
10) Then use the volume down button down to wipe data/factory reset click power button to select it. Use volume button to go down to yes- delete all user date click power button to select it
11) reboot system now- click power button to select it

Bloodlust
08-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Are you saying that there's a built in recovery mode which recognizes an "update.img" in the root of a TF card and can be triggered with volume-up+power?

6) put sd card in tablet
7)press and hold the volume up button and power button until you see the logo and let go of both buttons
8) You then will see an android guy with a red ! press and hold the volume up and power and another screen comes up with reboot system now, when you see these you let go. It should happen right away after you do power up and volume
9) Use the volume down button to select update rkimage from/sdcard then click the power button to select it.
10) Then use the volume down button down to wipe data/factory reset click power button to select it. Use volume button to go down to yes- delete all user date click power button to select it

Wallace4793
08-04-2012, 05:21 AM
Bloodlust -yes it seems there is.

The auto update does not work for me. I can get to the system recovery screen but when I select "update rkimage from sdcard". I get :

E: failed to mount /mnt/external_sd ( invalid argument).... Followed by
E: can't mount /mnt/external_sd/update.img

Anyone know why my sdcard isn't mounting?

Thanks

Bloodlust
08-04-2012, 05:24 AM
I have no idea as I have not tried it out myself.. try using a fat/fat32 formatted sdcard and make sure it's recognized by the tablet..

Bloodlust -yes it seems there is.

The auto update does not work for me. I can get to the system recovery screen but when I select "update rkimage from sdcard". I get :

E: failed to mount /mnt/external_sd ( invalid argument).... Followed by
E: can't mount /mnt/external_sd/update.img

Anyone know why my sdcard isn't mounting?

Thanks

Wallace4793
08-04-2012, 05:50 AM
Pepbel6.... Any ideas? (I already tried fat32 and the card is recognized after boot)

Wallace4793
08-04-2012, 07:23 AM
I've also tried a 2nd sd card :-(

fozzie1189
08-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Just wanted to say you guys are fantastic ! This forum has been very helpful. I just got a cube u30gt-h and have spent the last day trying to flash it with Eco prime. Finally with success and it is fantastic.

I would like to share my difficulties in doing this as a newbie.

1. The latest firmware from cube 1.04 does not have the windows drivers in the package ...use an older firmware to get drivers.

2. The mistake I made was downloading drivers for cube u10gt so could never get the device recognised.

Keep up the good work, as I enjoy my cube without bloatware and can install full play store now :)

rubensa
08-07-2012, 03:31 AM

6) put sd card in tablet

Have you "really" tied this method. I allways get:

Recovery system v4.00

-- Update rkimage...
Finding update package...
=== UPDATE RKIMAGE===
Find and check firmware...
E:Not support firmware
Can not found firmware image or invalid image.
Update rkimage complete.

I've tried Cube official firmware (at least two versions), Evolution Prime and BudaDroid. Allways same result "Not support firmware"

BigBen
08-11-2012, 02:06 AM
HELP

Trying to update a Cube U30GTH to Jelly Been

Tried the Recovery system v4.00 get this as well

Recovery system v4.00

-- Update rkimage...
Finding update package...
=== UPDATE RKIMAGE===
Find and check firmware...
E:Not support firmware
Can not found firmware image or invalid image.
Update rkimage complete.

Tried to install the drivers I seem to have problems in getting it into Flash mode
but it did happened once but the driver install came back with this error
RK30 Device This device cannot start (code 10)
deleted the device from the manager as recommended but now I just cant get it to support flash mode, looks like I am stick now with
ICS, seem loke Windows thinks its all ready installed but it does not show in the Device manager, may be I should try Win 7 as my system is a Dual boot one.

Why cant they offer a simple online update,? in my playing with electronics computers for more than 30 years this is the worse thing
I have come across, and I have hacked and Flash a few things in the past.

Yes have tried 2 USB cables of good quality that I know that work.

Thanks.

BigBen
08-11-2012, 05:00 AM
Well sorted it out cleaned all the references to the RK software in the XP drive and cleaned the registry, did a reboot and the driver installed first time,XP must have thought it was already in..

I noticed a bit of a worry was that the Cube gets itself in a constant boot, but powered off and it booted OK..

Changed the Language to English, but having problems with the keyboard, typed characters all in Chinese, in Settings the Keyboard and input methods has a Default thing that is set for Chinese with a option to change it but its stuck on Chinese will not change, the listing for the keyboard is grayed out, is showing English US.
There is another option with a tick but its in Chinese.

I managed to get the keyboard to output in English with a clue from the net but two keys have Chinese symbols on them, any one know how to fix that, plus no Enter key, so far just a done thing at the end of the text.
It boots a low slower.

cetipabo
08-11-2012, 03:26 PM
i had the same problem as you and i now use the "cleaned version" avalaible in the forum and it works great.

zuzmara
08-12-2012, 02:46 PM
i had the same problem as you and i now use the "cleaned version" avalaible in the forum and it works great.

Hi,

1st of all put your XP back to the last viable restore point.
clean up the garbage from the USB stack by USBdeview.
download the English version of RKtools from within this forum.
reinstall RKtools' USB-drivers
use the shortest possible (eg. 5 inches) good quality/shielded (eg. from a Nokia phone ;)) USB cable

Good luck :)

razola
09-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Is the power supply plugged in.I had a problem getting mine to be identified, until i tried it without the charger in then it was detected immediately holding down the power and volume+