PDA

View Full Version : RK2918-USB-Drivers to enable USB Connection.

Dave.S
03-17-2012, 06:47 PM
RK2918-USB-Drivers to enable USB Connection.

These Drivers are needed for enabling USB Connection when connecting Cube U9GT2 to Windows.
If Intel driver does not work, try AMD driver.

Download Link: [Only registered and activated users can see links] ... MyMjQ3MzE1 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Dave,

Adrian311
03-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Hi - I have tried these drivers and the ADB drivers, but Win 7 64bit will not accept either - it keeps defaulting to the MS versions which don't work for flashing. Any suggestions? Thanks

rowwor
03-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi - I have tried these drivers and the ADB drivers, but Win 7 64bit will not accept either - it keeps defaulting to the MS versions which don't work for flashing. Any suggestions? Thanks
Try borrow a friends xp if you don't have one.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Dave.S
03-27-2012, 01:23 PM

Try the Win7 driver in AMD64 folder.
That worked for me on three Win7 64bit computer & laptops that I tested on.

. Click Control Panel -->Hardware & Sound-->Device Manger-Other Devices-->
. Right click on Cube(maybe something else on your computer)-->
. Click Properties-->Driver-->Update Driver-->Browse My Computer for Driver Software-->Let me pick--Have Disk-->
. Browse to AMD64-->Win7 and click OK.
. Windows may complaint, but go ahead and install it.

Dave

bobbybooshay
05-02-2012, 10:07 AM
This does not work for me, no drivers, I am on XP Sp3

darksheer
07-19-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi!

Im so sick of this now, hehe, I have Windows vista 32bit and when i connect my U9GT2 to windows it never detects it as a device, so it is impossible to install the RK29 drivers, and now i want to flash it but the flashtool prog will not detect it since i have not installed the RK29 drivers. How am i supposed to make windows detect my CUBE? Going crazy over this, would love some help.

Dave.S
07-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Hi!

Im so sick of this now, hehe, I have Windows vista 32bit and when i connect my U9GT2 to windows it never detects it as a device, so it is impossible to install the RK29 drivers, and now i want to flash it but the flashtool prog will not detect it since i have not installed the RK29 drivers. How am i supposed to make windows detect my CUBE? Going crazy over this, would love some help.

Possible problems may include:
. Windows already had wrong driver installed. If this is the case, go to Device Manager and delete anything that relates to Cube, RK Devices, ADB, . . . etc . . .
. Bad USB Cable. If this is the case, try another one.
. Bad USB port. If this is the case, try another port.
. Perhaps you need to enable USB Debugging on the tablet prior to connecting it to window.
. Perhaps you need to try another computer. My preference is to use a laptop. Why? Laptop has battery so power interruption won't interfere with files transfer and/or flashing.
. Perhaps you had the tablet in charging mode while connecting it to PC ?

Check out the above, and other basic things that you may have overlooked. It should not be so hard.

Dave

edborg
07-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Hi!

In addition to the many possible sources of error listed above I would also check the following:
Was the tablet OFF when you connected it to the PC via USB (normal port, not OTG)?
Were you pressing Volume Down WITHOUT pressing Power on?
Did you wait a couple of seconds with Volume Down pressed before releasing it?

edborg

Dansplans
07-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Hi!

I use USBDeview to list all drivers on my PC. Running as an administrator you can delete driver files. You probably need to delete all ADB, device and mass storage drivers, so you can start fresh. Once done you can follow the instructions in the threads with success.

Don't worry about other devices not working after deleting a lot of driver files. The drivers will automatically reload for the devices once you connect them to your PC.

After deleting drivers it is a good idea to reboot the PC as it helps to clear out traces and caches.

BTW I had to follow this method recently when testing a new RK3066 device. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the Rockchip drivers to install properly. Following my own advice, I was flashing new firmware in 5 minutes.

darksheer
08-01-2012, 01:02 PM
All that u have listed above im sure of. As Dansplans wrote i have not tried yet, to uninstall all ADB. I have no problem detecting it for mass storage, but that is when i have the usb debugg unchecked. With Usb debugg checked i get nothing, not mass storage. And thanks Dave.S, but all that u wrote im sure of too except of the broken usb cabel, but since i can connect to mass storage i asume the cable is ok.

I think i have to try to use another computer. I have not installed any cube or rockchip drivers before so i canīt detect anything in device manager.

Dave.S
08-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Hello darksheer,

Perhaps you need to check the following:
Settings --> Storage --> The three dots on top right --> USB Storage --> then put a check mark on Mass Storage.
Some Rom's may have defaulted to Media Device (MTP), hence you need to do the above change. Once you did the change, you should see a new drive in window explorer.

Dave,

darksheer
08-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Hello darksheer,

Perhaps you need to check the following:
Settings --> Storage --> The three dots on top right --> USB Storage --> then put a check mark on Mass Storage.
Some Rom's may have defaulted to Media Device (MTP), hence you need to do the above change. Once you did the change, you should see a new drive in window explorer.

Dave,

Thanks for all the help. I checked that out, i have no problem to use it as mass storage, i can se the cube u9gt2 in filemanager. But i want detect it as a new device in the device manager. How am i suppose to flash it with new firmware, when im not abel to detect it as a device? Move files in mass storage works. Have i got all wrong? Sorry for my english, im from sweden.
im pretty new at this, i wanna flash it with new firmware to get full google play access.

darksheer
08-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Thanks for all help! It worked with another usb port in the computer!! Now i have latest evo

bashmore
08-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Hi there. This is the first time I am trying to flash my cube and I keep getting "no Found RKAndroid Rock USB"
I am following the instructions exactly and my win7 laptop finds the cube and installs the driver and I can see the cube's "NAND FLASH" drive. I can even create folders and copy files, but I keep getting "no Found RKAndroid Rock USB" when I launch the RKAndroidTool.
I tried uninstalling the device and then re-adding it, but it keeps finding a driver for itself. If I try to update the driver to the one in AMD\Win7 directory or x86\win7 directory, I get an error from windows saying "windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date. Arg!

How do I get RKAndroidTool to "found" my cube? :)
Thanks in advance!

supernetuser
08-26-2012, 12:07 AM
win7 64bit users can try this

edborg
08-27-2012, 04:52 AM
Hi there. This is the first time I am trying to flash my cube and I keep getting "no Found RKAndroid Rock USB"
I am following the instructions exactly and my win7 laptop finds the cube and installs the driver and I can see the cube's "NAND FLASH" drive. I can even create folders and copy files, but I keep getting "no Found RKAndroid Rock USB" when I launch the RKAndroidTool.
I tried uninstalling the device and then re-adding it, but it keeps finding a driver for itself. If I try to update the driver to the one in AMD\Win7 directory or x86\win7 directory, I get an error from windows saying "windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date. Arg!

How do I get RKAndroidTool to "found" my cube? :)
Thanks in advance!
Perhaps you have not installed the right drivers?
If you see the "NAND FLASH" drive you may have installed the Windows USB storage drivers, not the Rockchip.

Have a look here to see which ones are needed to flash:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

edborg

yanxizao
09-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Is there a youtube video somewhere with instruction on how to flash the ROM on the cube? Many thanks.