PDA

View Full Version : RK30 ROM by Oma (works with PiPO S1)

Admir
03-25-2013, 06:37 PM
FEAUTURES:

- System ext4
- CWM Recovery 6.0.2.7
- External SD will be mounted as NAND (up to 64 GB)
- 2.5 GB Internal Storage - init.d Support
- USB-Hub enable - Gamepad (PS2, XBox, ...)
- Kernel modules (cifs, TUN, lan, serial)
- Ethernet Settings
- Asphalt 7 compatible
- Device = Nexus 7
- Latest hosts, SU, SU-binary, busybox
- MX Video-Player, Play Music & Volume +
- Reboot Menu, Kernel Tuner, Dateimanager HD (Root)
- Nova Launcher

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Extract downloaded archive.
2. Copy the extraced content in the root of the SDcard memory card tablet.
3. Connect tablet in bootloader mode (shut down the tablet and hold vol- then connect USB cable).
4. If you don't have driver installed you can install it from "drivers" folder.
5. Go to the folder RKDevelopTool_v1.35 and run RKAndroidTool (do not change anything!).
6. If drivers are installed correctly, in the bottom will say "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb".
7. Press Erase IDB and wait after it finish press OK (it will take 10-20 seconds)
8. Then press Run. Tablet will restart in Recovery mode when everything finish.
9. Select install zip from sdcard / choose zip from sdcard and apply corrections from SDCARD folder, strictly in order!
10. Reboot, and wait till it start ( first run may take up to 5 minutes)

Download link : [Only registered and activated users can see links]

(IF THIS DOESN'T WORK, REPLACE RECOVERY AND BOOT WITH THESE : [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) )

To fix SDcard errors install this with CWM : [Only registered and activated users can see links]

If you find it laggy flash it with this kernel : [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Credit is going to Oma for making this ROM and to 4pda forum where I found everything.

If you have any issues post them below and I'll try to help. Good luck.
Press THANKS if you liked it :).

ultrarain
03-25-2013, 10:18 PM
thanks for your hardwork . waiting for good feedbacks :)

kellogg
03-28-2013, 01:30 AM
hello really would like to try this but not understanding the 2step? once i DL rom to my pc are u saying extract the file then put it on the root of my sdCard? or are you saying once i DL the File then put it on my sdCard go into CWR then install? ...i understand the steps but guess im confused on the extract part? No help need i figured it out give input in couple days nice so far

JCD
03-28-2013, 03:26 AM
Hi, I tried to flash, everything was ok, but I have some issues: I cant' "Select install zip from sdcard / choose zip from sdcard and apply corrections from SDCARD folder, strictly in order!" because in recovery mode the system can't mount the internal SD (where are the three zip).

JCD
03-28-2013, 06:27 AM
Hi, I have some issues with the "internal" SD CARD: the system doesn't recognize it, so I' can't do this "Select install zip from sdcard / choose zip from sdcard and apply corrections from SDCARD folder, strictly in order!".

Any help? Tnx

p.s. anyway, the rom is probably one of the coolest I've ever seen, congratulations!

Admir
03-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Can you choose "install zip from external sd"?

JCD
03-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Yes, but I don't have an external SD

Admir
03-28-2013, 11:50 AM
You must have one for this rom.

JCD
03-28-2013, 12:05 PM
I understand now. I put all files on the external SD, so I can install the three zip files from there. Tnx again :)

kellogg
03-28-2013, 05:22 PM
nice rom dont need couple of days :byebye:fast snappy sound is good no lag very good rom...got a 12687 on antutu..my only problem is it doesnt reconize ..next launcher for me to redownload in play store..i really like that launcher:too_sad: and i got 6hrs of battery with this rom continuous play GREAT JOB

Admir
03-28-2013, 08:06 PM
Try uninstalling with root uninstaller and then install again.

JCD
03-29-2013, 04:19 AM
I understand now. I put all files on the external SD, so I can install the three zip files from there. Tnx again :)

It works!!!

Tnx :) :)

spiconi
03-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Any screenshots?

kellogg
03-29-2013, 01:12 PM
is the root unistaller method for my device not recognized in playstore for some apps?

Admir
03-29-2013, 06:09 PM
is the root unistaller method for my device not recognized in playstore for some apps?

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Gypsygirl13
03-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Hi, first I'd like to say thanks for sharing this. It really looks good, the UI, icons and all but my wifi wouldn't turn on. I tried flashing it with the different boot, recovery and kernels provided but same problem occurs. Would appreciate any advice on how to fix it, thanks!

JCD
04-03-2013, 03:02 AM
After few day of use, I can confirm the good job made with this, (really) very fast rom.

I have only one question: is it possible to write a kernel with overclocked frequency of mali's gpu? I read somewhere that this gpu run @400mhz and that with some devices was o'cked at 800mhz (with overvolt) or 5-600mhz (without overvolt). Any chance?

desigual
04-04-2013, 04:37 AM
hi guys ,i ve tried to install this rom ,i put all files on ext sd card,i erased idb from RKDevelopTool but when i press run an error message appear cant find loader file or something! What i am doing wrong/
LE Loader file is not existed this is the error that i got

Admir
04-04-2013, 08:53 AM
Uncheck loader and press run.

chuck007
04-04-2013, 08:44 PM
FEAUTURES:

- System ext4
- CWM Recovery 6.0.2.7
- External SD will be mounted as NAND (up to 64 GB)
- 2.5 GB Internal Storage - init.d Support
- USB-Hub enable - Gamepad (PS2, XBox, ...)
- Kernel modules (cifs, TUN, lan, serial)
- Ethernet Settings
- Asphalt 7 compatible
- Device = Nexus 7
- Latest hosts, SU, SU-binary, busybox
- MX Video-Player, Play Music & Volume +
- Reboot Menu, Kernel Tuner, Dateimanager HD (Root)
- Nova Launcher

HOW TO INSTALL:

1. Extract downloaded archive.
2. Copy the extraced content in the root of the SDcard memory card tablet.
3. Connect tablet in bootloader mode (shut down the tablet and hold vol- then connect USB cable).
4. If you don't have driver installed you can install it from "drivers" folder.
5. Go to the folder RKDevelopTool_v1.35 and run RKAndroidTool (do not change anything!).
6. If drivers are installed correctly, in the bottom will say "Found RKAndroid Loader Rock Usb".
7. Press Erase IDB and wait after it finish press OK (it will take 10-20 seconds)
8. Then press Run. Tablet will restart in Recovery mode when everything finish.
9. Select install zip from sdcard / choose zip from sdcard and apply corrections from SDCARD folder, strictly in order!
10. Reboot, and wait till it start ( first run may take up to 5 minutes)

Download link : [Only registered and activated users can see links]

(IF THIS DOESN'T WORK, REPLACE RECOVERY AND BOOT WITH THESE : [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) )

To fix SDcard errors install this with CWM : [Only registered and activated users can see links]

If you find it laggy flash it with this kernel : [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Credit is going to Oma for making this ROM and to 4pda forum where I found everything.

If you have any issues post them below and I'll try to help. Good luck.
Press THANKS if you liked it :).

Hi Please make video with this rom. Thank's alot!

chuck007
04-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Please help how to install. " Parametertfile is not existed"

otyg
04-05-2013, 02:28 AM
can you minimize the status bar with this rom?

otyg
04-05-2013, 03:43 AM
nm answered my own question, you can't hide status bar // disappointed :( rom seems pretty nice, I like the icons.

smithysmith1980
04-05-2013, 04:03 AM
chuck007 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I've put a request in for a video for you with danyrolux ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) . so while have to wait and see if he has time to do so

chuck007
04-05-2013, 04:05 AM
chuck007 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) I've put a request in for a video for you with danyrolux ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) . so while have to wait and see if he has time to do so

Yah,smithysmith1980 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]). Thank you! i read your request ;)

danyrolux
04-05-2013, 05:41 PM

Please take a look at this video here ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
Tommorow I'll write the article. So, hope now everybody is happy.
Enjoy, share is love!

[EDIT] Here ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) is the dedicated article.
Have a nice day today!

Mykel1316
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
I manage to flash this ROM and all i can say is "AWESOME ROM" =)

And my question is how can i change the DPi of the icons it looks big to me ...

Can you please help me

otyg
04-06-2013, 12:59 AM
been using it for a day so far its a pretty nice rom, I did notice however the Media Storage process is taking 98% cpu, anyone else notice this or is it just stuck on some file that's on my sd card?

tricklebone
04-06-2013, 01:04 AM
thanks for this rom sir! very fast and stable for me!

rhyanz
04-06-2013, 02:08 AM
is this ROM compatible in PIPO S3?

rhyanz
04-06-2013, 02:15 AM
is this compatible in PIPO S3?

rhyanz
04-06-2013, 07:06 AM
is this compatible to PIPO S3?

Admir
04-06-2013, 09:49 AM

jox
04-08-2013, 07:50 AM
This is a nice rom!:thumbs-up:

anyone experienced external SDcard not mounted after boot? I experienced it twice today. Does the free game called jetpack joyride run faster on your pispo S1 with with this rom?-mine runs faster than it used to with other firmware.

smithysmith1980
04-08-2013, 01:25 PM
jox ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) To fix SDcard errors install this with CWM : [Only registered and activated users can see links]

otyg
04-08-2013, 06:25 PM
smithysmith1980 can you check to see if the Media Storage process is stuck at 50-80% usage on your tablet?, I like this rom but that is kindaof preventing me from using it

jox
04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
jox ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) To fix SDcard errors install this with CWM : [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Thanks. I missed this one.

JCD
04-09-2013, 01:11 AM
Hi, my Pipo died yesterday.... After a pair of reboot (wi-fi didn't work), black screen and no other life sign.... :(

Admir
04-09-2013, 03:30 AM
Hi, my Pipo died yesterday.... After a pair of reboot (wi-fi didn't work), black screen and no other life sign.... :(

Does red led lights when you plug in charger? PC doesnt recognize anything?

JCD
04-09-2013, 03:35 AM
Does red led lights when you plug in charger? PC doesnt recognize anything?

yes, the red led lights up during charging, but the pc does not recognize anything...

otyg
04-09-2013, 03:51 AM
if you think its a bad rom flash then hold the vol - key and press power button with usb hookedup, start the RKBatchTool for pc and see if the icon turns green, then reflash with stock firmware to reset it.
if you think its just a glitch then try the little reset button on the back of the tablet, might need a paperclip to press it.

I noticed these tablets are nearly 100% run off the firmware, ie screen won't turn on if flashed wrong, but they usually always provode a way to communicate with the rkbatchtool for reflashing, they are very hard to perm brick.

JCD
04-09-2013, 04:24 AM
if you think its a bad rom flash then hold the vol - key and press power button get the RKBatchTool and see if the icon turns green then reflash with stock firmware to reset it, if you think its just a glitch then try the little reset button on the back of the tablet, might need a paperclip to press it

I just tried with simply reset and with the "vol- + reset" but still nothing happens. Later, I'll try with RKBatchTool as you say.

otyg
04-09-2013, 06:40 AM
sometimes holding the power button for more then 10 seconds helps to make sure it powers down.

jox
04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
I just tried with simply reset and with the "vol- + reset" but still nothing happens. Later, I'll try with RKBatchTool as you say.
volume- + reset does not work for me too.

to enter flash mode try this using rkbatchtool (works for me)

open rkbatchtool on your pc

do not plug your tablet to your pc yet

hold "volume-" button for 20 seconds then hold power button for another 20 seconds

now plug your tablet to you pc via usb while holding the volume- and power button. hold it for at least 10 seconds then release power and volume buttons.

HTH

jox
04-09-2013, 10:54 AM
volume- + reset does not work for me too.

to enter flash mode try this using rkbatchtool (works for me)

open rkbatchtool on your pc

do not plug your tablet to your pc yet

hold "volume-" button for 20 seconds then hold power button for another 20 seconds

now plug your tablet to you pc via usb while holding the volume- and power button. hold it for at least 10 seconds then release power and volume buttons.

HTH

JCD
04-09-2013, 12:08 PM
I was able to flash with RKDevelopTool but once again, my tablet does not turn on... I'm sending it in assistance :(

Admir
04-09-2013, 12:55 PM
I was able to flash with RKDevelopTool but once again, my tablet does not turn on... I'm sending it in assistance :(

Try this : [Only registered and activated users can see links]!

JCD
04-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Try this : [Only registered and activated users can see links]!

Tnx again for your support, but for me this is too much. Besides, the tablet is still under warranty (I bought it just a month ago ...).

otyg
04-09-2013, 04:40 PM
yeah since the red light is going on sounds like it is charging, I noticed with mine if i drain the battery to 0 and the device forces off , as soon as I plug the charger in it starts up even with 0 charge, sounds like the LCD backlight went out in yours

JCD
04-09-2013, 04:47 PM
I understand, but the battery of my pipo didn't dropped to zero. When I plugged the charger, initially it was like it didn't charge (the battery icon was completely empty and only after half an hour it raised up to 1%).

Admir
04-09-2013, 04:57 PM
I understand, but the battery of my pipo didn't dropped to zero. When I plugged the charger, initially it was like it didn't charge (the battery icon was completely empty and only after half an hour it raised up to 1%).

Have you tried this : [Only registered and activated users can see links] ?
You can put your device in flash mode/bootloader by holding down VOL- and plug in USB (make sure its completely off by holding power button 10-15 secs). GL

JCD
04-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Have you tried this : [Only registered and activated users can see links] ?
You can put your device in flash mode/bootloader by holding down VOL- and plug in USB (make sure its completely off by holding power button 10-15 secs). GL

How can I install that app if my Pipo doesn't turn on?

Admir
04-09-2013, 05:10 PM
How can I install that app if my Pipo doesn't turn on?

Please read..

JCD
04-09-2013, 05:20 PM
Please read..

Ok, I'm in bootloader mode now (I can see this from my windows' system device) and my Pipo is charging....

Admir
04-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Ok, I'm in bootloader mode now (I can see this from my windows' system device) and my Pipo is charging....

Good. Now let it charge for some time (10-15 mins) then try to power it on but keep charger in :). GL

JCD
04-09-2013, 05:53 PM
Just tried, it didn't work :(

Admir
04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Just tried, it didn't work :(

Try flashing stock rom one more time.

otyg
04-09-2013, 05:55 PM
btw do you have another charger? maybe the charger you use died, they blow out very easy especially if its a cheap one. (it might provide 5volt so the red light goes on, but supply no amps)

I found out you can burn up cheap chargers very quickly if you charge + have screen brightness all the way up, so I ended up buying the HP touchpad charger from amazon 5.3v 2A

JCD
04-10-2013, 01:06 AM
Thanks again guys for your advice. Now I'm at work and can not do any testing. This evening I will do as you say.

JCD
04-11-2013, 07:36 AM
I tried both solutions (changing the charger and by flashing the original firmware), but I have not solved the problem. I'm sending the tablet in service, in the hope that it will be replace.

enderffx
06-27-2013, 05:18 AM
Hi !
I have a problem...
Wgen i flash the rom my S1 is stuck & does not boot at all.
But this is the case for ALL roms that i try to flash via Rk Android Tool -> so for all roms that are made up of single files.
If i flash the stock rom or "kasty" via RkBatch Tool --> one .img file all is fine.
Is there any special thing i have to do so i can flash roms with the RkAndroid tool ?

Please help !

Greetings,

Ender

raymonddeleon07
09-09-2013, 09:30 AM
hello to all.
after doing all the steps and installing this rom on my pipo s1. my pipo s1 didnt reboot to cwmr or even in the ordinary boot and untill now it does not turn on. help pls to install this rom. i want this rom on my pipo s1 but i had some trouble in installing this rom :/