S1eepy
04-11-2012, 08:01 AM
[ROM] Cube U9GT2 U9GT2_V1.10_20120417 Stock Firmware

Download link:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

[ROM] Cube U9GT2 U9GT2_V1.10_20120411 Stock Firmware

Changelog :
(Translated by google)

The amendment to the live online application problems and improve system speed [recommended U9GT2 all users to update the upgrade, please click the "Repair" button (236MB) 2012-4-11

A variety of optimization - the biggest improvement ---- support online live, PPTV software you can watch TV!

Downloading link?:
And extra 8 mirrors :)

wbr. S1eepy

mysticusa
04-11-2012, 08:32 AM
@S1eepy: I m mirroring 1.10 right now, will mirror the official N90 one as well, in case it s wrong to post it here, you can move/create new topic for them...

Official U9GT2 1.10 - 8 Mirrors ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

N90-4.03-20120320 - 7 Mirrors ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

S1eepy
04-11-2012, 09:11 AM
@mysticusa:
Thanks for mirroring, is it real moage, and not official cube 1.10 release?

orgos
04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Hi all...

change log exist?

Only for information... ^^

mysticusa
04-11-2012, 09:43 AM
@mysticusa:

Lol not entireley sure? I cant get the damn chinese translated properly so it could be the official u9gt2? :)

S1eepy
04-11-2012, 09:52 AM
@mysticusa: Noprob, just uploading official Cube 1.10 release :)

dmagee
04-11-2012, 09:55 AM
@mysticusa:

Lol not entireley sure? I cant get the damn chinese translated properly so it could be the official u9gt2? :)

This is translated from the cube website for the new 1.10

U9GT2 firmware V1.10 (Andrews 4.0.3) the amendment to the live online application problems and improve system speed and [recommended U9GT2

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

mysticusa
04-11-2012, 09:57 AM
This is translated from the cube website for the new 1.10

U9GT2 firmware V1.10 (Andrews 4.0.3) the amendment to the live online application problems and improve system speed and [recommended U9GT2

thanx that means my upload is the official 1.10 :)

i uploaded/mirrored both n90 and u9gt2 releases, because if u ve tried the main d/l site, you were trying to pull your hairs like me :)

download sizes should not confuse you because i 7zipped them in ultra to get the most squeze :)

Also: I m testing prox32's latest release, it is quite fast! and using nova launcher which is much much faster and smoother than apex, but unfortunately, battery drain is still there, something tells me it s about background processes (sync/update/debug data being sent) causing wifi + cpu to not sleep for quite sometime which is causing the drainage... because drainage is happening in the first hour, and then stabilizes (meaning real sleep kicking in) so issue maybe to set sleep timers correctly (i dont know if sleep parameters are customizable)

H01
04-11-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm very curious, especially about the Wifi performance. This is actually the only thing thats not working for me.

Harm

mysticusa
04-11-2012, 11:33 AM
i dont think wifi is really an issue, unless your wifi antenna is problematic or your router has poor performance. my wifi experience was pretty stable with any of the releases incl official one :) my only concern is the battery drainage, apart from official ginger 1.05 release, all the rests have battery drainage problem...

kyriakos
04-11-2012, 01:18 PM
are you sure its faster and not just placebo effect?

I think i'll wait for a mod based on this version or for sota2.1

orgos
04-11-2012, 02:01 PM

Me too... ^^

mysticusa
04-11-2012, 02:06 PM

my test is based on sota 2.1 and of course tablet is the same tablet, so it is not any faster than before, what i meant was using the tablet never felt this smooth before, i dont know if it is nova launcher or tweaks by prox32, but in general i felt it very smooth, no fc from first boot, of course there are issues still but, was smoother than earlier ones in my opinion, but we ll see alltogether, prox32 may start working on the new releases as soon as moage appears :)... for battery drain, it still seems the same... and i m 72.6% confident that it has to do with how sleep/deep sleep works... first 30-40 mins background processes works full power! i know this because i hear update sounds and emails coming with notification sounds even though tablet screen off and supposed to be sleeping... so if parameters for sleep can be meddled with, it can stop the leak in my opinion (if my theory is correct) because when i check the battery drainage within first 30-40 mins its about 3-4% and when i check after 5-6 hrs, it s about 5%... so whatever drainage happening it s happening during the first hour... i m speculating based on my own experience/test... so to give an idea, lets see what will come out of it...

S1eepy
04-11-2012, 03:57 PM

There is already bokorez mod for v1.10 available:
viewtopic.php?f=74&t=378 ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

kyriakos
04-11-2012, 04:11 PM
great thanks s1eepy!

kyriakos
04-11-2012, 04:12 PM
sorry my mistake.. i thought you were talking about 1.10 (didn't realize you were beta testing sota2.1)

my test is based on sota 2.1 and of course tablet is the same tablet, so it is not any faster than before, what i meant was using the tablet never felt this smooth before, i dont know if it is nova launcher or tweaks by prox32, but in general i felt it very smooth, no fc from first boot, of course there are issues still but, was smoother than earlier ones in my opinion, but we ll see alltogether, prox32 may start working on the new releases as soon as moage appears :)... for battery drain, it still seems the same... and i m 72.6% confident that it has to do with how sleep/deep sleep works... first 30-40 mins background processes works full power! i know this because i hear update sounds and emails coming with notification sounds even though tablet screen off and supposed to be sleeping... so if parameters for sleep can be meddled with, it can stop the leak in my opinion (if my theory is correct) because when i check the battery drainage within first 30-40 mins its about 3-4% and when i check after 5-6 hrs, it s about 5%... so whatever drainage happening it s happening during the first hour... i m speculating based on my own experience/test... so to give an idea, lets see what will come out of it...

Engineer
04-11-2012, 06:11 PM
in summary from people testing 1.10, real changes?

And to add my download speeds suck lol.

Dave.S
04-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Flashed the BK Mod without any issue. No FC at start. It appeared to be sluggish at first when browsing with ES File Explorer, then it is fine after a few minutes. Installed Nova Prime, and this Launcher is superb. It has back up & restore features, so it would save time after each flashing :)
Youtube in standard def is smooth. Wifi reception is same.
Will try a few games tomorrow, and maybe a video viewtopic.php?f=74&t=378&p=3576#p3576 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).

Dave

P.S Typed from BK Mod
P.S. The buid.prop does not use Samsung foot print. So Gameloft fans may have problem.

mysticusa
04-12-2012, 09:02 AM
P.S. The buid.prop does not use Samsung foot print. So Gameloft fans may have problem.

it is rather easy to fix it though...

1 - set usb connection to media device MTP in settings/storage/usb connection menu (it is button shown as top right corner with three dots top to bottom)
2 - enable usb debug in settings/developer options and connect cube to your pc (make sure you installed adb driver as well)
3 - unpack the ADB.zip to a folder in your "windows" pc
4 - click "windows key"+"R key" and type "cmd"
5 - cd to the folder where you unpacked adp zip
(type command lines without brackets!!!)
6 - type in first: "adb devices" to check a serial number is shown like 0123456789ABCDEF (if u didnt see serial no, its adb interface not working, you didnt install adb driver or didnt enable MTP in first step)
7 - type in: "adb shell"
8 - type in: "su"
9 - type in: "mount -o remount rw /system" (this is to enable rw access to system folder)
10 - type in: "exit" to disconnect from the shell in the device
11 - type in: "cpbuild.bat" or type the full cmd "adb push build.prop /system/build.prop" whichever is easier for you.
12 - shutdown/reboot...

Note: I already included build.prop with samsung changes in it, all u need to do is follow the instructions... I dont know if BK Mod already changed the wpa supplicant or not, but ad-hoc/hot spot works fine, as long as you dont add spaces in the SSID name! e.g instead of "My Hotspot" name it "MyHotspot" no space it works fine :) maybe the original one also works, i tested this on my iphone before with space (by default iphone adds funny name with space in it which causes ad-hoc to not work on android)

Dave.S
04-13-2012, 04:06 AM
Hello mysticusa,

I'd think that the above post is valuable and should have it own topic in Faq/Guide section viewforum.php?f=75 ([Only registered and activated users can see links]).
That way, it won't get buried in this topic.

I'm also debating about posting the build.prop from various releases, plus instruction using root explorer.
So the combination of your adb technique, and an alternate method would enrich the section.

The negative impact would be a risk for users with less experience. I don't think that changing build.prop would lead to bricking, but at times, it may require a reflash, hence, a loss of data.

Any thought ? recommendation ?

Dave,

akik
04-14-2012, 02:50 PM
My wifi performance is also bad. It maxes out at 1Mbps (speedtest.net app).
It hasn't changed with 1.09 or 1.10 firmware versions.

Dave.S
04-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Perhaps it is time to visit this topic [Only registered and activated users can see links] :)

Dave,

mark_at
04-15-2012, 06:24 AM
does it bring any advantages to change build prop to samsung? will I find more apps in market or is it only about those gameloft games? would be nice if someone could explain the full advantages ... :-)

Dave.S
04-15-2012, 06:44 AM
does it bring any advantages to change build prop to samsung? will I find more apps in market or is it only about those gameloft games? would be nice if someone could explain the full advantages ... :-)
I don't know yet, mark_at.
There must be some reason for Prox not doing it yet.
But I will try when the forum is down, in about 15 minutes from now, and let you guys know this afternoon.

Dave,

mark_at
04-15-2012, 06:57 AM
I tried to follow the steps explained above ... but I do not seem to understand from step 5 onwards ...

but apart from that it should be possible to download certain games or apps maybe to the phone ... with appmonster I could find the apk on the phone ... then put the apk on the cube and simply install it there ... I tried this with some app that I had on the phone ... and could not find anymore in the market ... and it worked fine

Dave.S
04-15-2012, 08:03 AM
Hello mark_at,

Perhaps mysticusa could be online this afternoon to help you :)

I tried to manually modify the build.prop in SOTA v3.1.0, following this procedure:

1> Open Root Explorer and copy the existing build.prop from /System/build.prop to external sdcard to save.
2> In Root Explorer, tap 'Mount R/O'
3> In Root Explorer, long press on build.prop and select 'Open With' --> 'Text Editor'
4> Change 3 things:
ro.product.model=GT-P1000
ro.product.device=GT-P1000
ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
5> Save, tap 'Mount R/O' again, and close Root Explorer
6> Clear data from "Google Service Framework" and "Google PlayStore" then reboot

. . . but it does not make any effect :(

Dave

mark_at
04-15-2012, 01:37 PM
I did actually the same ... and wanted to see if it makes a change ... but I could not really see some change too ... :)

But thank you Dave for helping me! I hoped it would probably also change something with skype, I wonder if you all have skype working normal, because I can type normally, but video and depending on skype version sound also makes problems.

S1eepy
04-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Cube refreshed latest fw, it's dated by 17/04/2012, but it seems still v1.10.
Added download link for this version at first page.

akik
04-19-2012, 12:12 AM

This latest update (U9GT2_V1.10_20120417_repacked_and_uploaded_by_S1e epy) improved my wifi
speed considerably. Speedtest.net shows now 3Mbps, previously 1Mbps.

akik
04-22-2012, 04:09 AM
This latest update (U9GT2_V1.10_20120417_repacked_and_uploaded_by_S1e epy) improved my wifi
speed considerably. Speedtest.net shows now 3Mbps, previously 1Mbps.

And further speed enhancement was achieved by changing my wifi setup from 802.11g to 802.11n.
I didn't think about that because my laptop was working just fine with 802.11g (it has Atheros AR5B97 chip).
Everything good now.

checho41
05-01-2012, 01:31 AM
the camera still does not work with v 1.10.... help

comprx
05-08-2012, 08:14 AM
So what's up with the Cube website? Haven't been able to get in for a couple weeks. Just get some Chinese error message screen.

dmagee
05-08-2012, 08:16 AM
So what's up with the Cube website? Haven't been able to get in for a couple weeks. Just get some Chinese error message screen.

Looks like they are blocking out non Asian countries.

mahmoudbe1
05-08-2012, 04:02 PM
hi dmagee, just add cn as follow and you will log in:
it works

dmagee
05-08-2012, 04:34 PM
hi dmagee, just add cn as follow and you will log in:
it works

Your a star, thank you :)

comprx
05-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Thanks! [Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) also works.

edborg
05-09-2012, 11:19 AM
My brand new Cube U9GT2 with ICS (4.03) doesn't boot, and I can't boot into Recovery either. :upset:
Can I use this official Stock Firmware to try and revive it without messing it up worse than it is already?
If so, as I can't install USB drivers on PC, can I flash it directly from microSD by powering on the tablet with the SD inserted?

Please help with step by step instructions, if possible.

Thanks,
edborg

Dave.S
05-09-2012, 01:54 PM
My brand new Cube U9GT2 with ICS (4.03) doesn't boot, and I can't boot into Recovery either. :upset:
Can I use this official Stock Firmware to try and revive it without messing it up worse than it is already?
If so, as I can't install USB drivers on PC, can I flash it directly from microSD by powering on the tablet with the SD inserted?

Please help with step by step instructions, if possible.

Thanks,
edborg

. If this official firmware uses rkbatchtool to flash, then there is an intallation instruction here [Only registered and activated users can see links]
. Here is the driver that your PC may need to recognize tablet for flashing [Only registered and activated users can see links] Remember, if Intel driver does not work, try AMD driver.
. Or you can try Evolution [Only registered and activated users can see links] with this installation instruction [Only registered and activated users can see links]

If you Cube arrived without being able to boot, perhaps it requires charging, and or RMA for replacement.

Dave,

edborg
05-10-2012, 02:42 AM
Thanks for your reply.

No, the Cube was charged and booted regularly. It went off afterwards, as posted here: :upset:[Only registered and activated users can see links]
It now turns on, but doesn't boot (not even in Recovery Mode, and I can't get help on how to force it to Recovery!).

That's why I'm looking for help for flashing a new firmware.

Problem is that I can't work through USB as I couldn't install drivers on PC. :upset:
I'm on XP and have already tried all of the drivers that you've provided in two different posts (Intel, AMD, XP, Vista, Seven, 2K).
The tablet is recognised as 97D, but the message I get in ALL cases is "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware".

So my original question was whether the above ROM (or another) was available in an "autorun" format, that could be copied to a microSD and flashed directly to the tablet by turning it on with the SD inserted (without the use of a PC), as described here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

edborg

dmagee
05-10-2012, 03:26 AM
Thanks for your reply.

No, the Cube was charged and booted regularly. It went off afterwards, as posted here: :upset:[Only registered and activated users can see links]
It now turns on, but doesn't boot (not even in Recovery Mode, and I can't get help on how to force it to Recovery!).

That's why I'm looking for help for flashing a new firmware.

Problem is that I can't work through USB as I couldn't install drivers on PC. :upset:
I'm on XP and have already tried all of the drivers that you've provided in two different posts (Intel, AMD, XP, Vista, Seven, 2K).
The tablet is recognised as 97D, but the message I get in ALL cases is "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware".

So my original question was whether the above ROM (or another) was available in an "autorun" format, that could be copied to a microSD and flashed directly to the tablet by turning it on with the SD inserted (without the use of a PC), as described here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

edborg

You need to get your drivers set up or you are going to be really stuck

Try this guide for your drivers.

Remember tablet off connect your cable to tablet and press volume - button. Keep holding the volume button and connect to your pc.

Now follow this guide

Installing Rockchip drivers for flashing!

If that all goes well than follow this guide

Flashing Firmware Image Files Using The Rockchip Batch Tool

If you can not get drivers installed after this than a few pointers

Don't connect your tab to a USB hub on your pc

Don't use USB 3 ports

Try a different cable

Try a different computer

Hope this helps :)

edborg
05-10-2012, 06:32 AM
Remember tablet off connect your cable to tablet and press volume - button. Keep holding the volume button and connect to your pc.

This did the difference!!! :victorious:
The tablet was seen as RK29 Device, not 97D (plain USB storage device) as before.
That was the trick: Recovery Mode, that I've long asked before without answer...

Now follow this guide

Installing Rockchip drivers for flashing!

This guide says to press volume + instead, that doesn't work for the Cube and only makes the screen flash , but at least indirectly made me understand how to enter recovery mode.

Hope this helps :)

It did help. thanks a lot! :smile-new:
Now that I have the drivers installed I'll try to go on with flashing the firmware from PC.
No need of autoflashing firmware from SD.

edborg

dmagee
05-10-2012, 07:03 AM
This did the difference!!! :victorious:
The tablet was seen as RK29 Device, not 97D (plain USB storage device) as before.
That was the trick: Recovery Mode, that I've long asked before without answer...

This guide says to press volume + instead, that doesn't work for the Cube and only makes the screen flash , but at least indirectly made me understand how to enter recovery mode.

It did help. thanks a lot! :smile-new:
Now that I have the drivers installed I'll try to go on with flashing the firmware from PC.
No need of autoflashing firmware from SD.

edborg

Brilliant!

In the guide it explained that that was for the Arnova tablet, that's why I explained to use volume - for the cube. Now you are ready to rock and roll :)