PDA

View Full Version : [ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros MID9742 - Rooted, deodexed, Google Play

steev
05-07-2012, 02:25 PM
This isn't much, just a slight modification of the stock firmware with root, Google Play, and a few other changes.

WARNING:
This firmware was tested on a Novo 7 Elf and it worked fine, but you are solely responsible for its use.
If it bricks your tablet you've been warned.

Features:
- Gapps + Google Play fix
- Rooted
- NetworkLocation service fixed (to pinpoint your location in apps like Google Maps)
- Deodexed for easier modding/theming
- Samsung Galaxy tab fingerprint for better app compatibility

Downloads:
Version 0.1:
cfw_coby_9742_4.0.3_0.1.zip ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

Flashing instructions:
- Download LiveSuite ([Only registered and activated users can see links]), this is the flashing software for A10 devices
- Run LiveSuitePack.exe (a bunch of files will be extracted to the current folder, so best to create a new one)
- Now run livesuite.exe
- Choose "SelectImage"
- Choose the coby_kyros_4.0.3.img
- Now you need to put your device in upgrade mode, to do so:
1. power off the device
2. Press and hold any physical key except the power key on the device(ie, press and hold Vol+ key, still holding in 3 and 4)
3. Connect the tablet to your PC via USB cable
4. Repeatedly press the power button until a popup dialog shows on your computer screen
- Now follow the on-screen instructions

Windows 7 64-Bit users, it has been reported that you need to use LiveSuite 1.0.7: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Thanks to all who posted firmware dumps and tested in this thread
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

HeatherTheobald
05-11-2012, 11:43 PM
I have downloaded the cfw_coby_9742.zip file several times and I keep getting an error message when I try to unzip the file. It states that it is an invalid archive.

Dave.S
05-12-2012, 06:55 PM
I have downloaded the cfw_coby_9742.zip file several times and I keep getting an error message when I try to unzip the file. It states that it is an invalid archive.

I downloaded and extracted fine. I am using win7 ultimate and firefox.
Perhaps try another computer ?

Dave

waleed
05-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Steev Can you add a link from the New Rom , Icannot download it

mike55
06-03-2012, 09:01 PM
i tried this, i could not get into update mode at all, tried 50 times, no screen pops up on my pc, live suite does nothing what am i doing wrong???

tyronius
06-04-2012, 08:05 AM
i tried this, i could not get into update mode at all, tried 50 times, no screen pops up on my pc, live suite does nothing what am i doing wrong???
same for me..except I get a pop up. Which I follow the instructions to and tablet never rebooted(20min), When I disconnected the USB and reconnected, it had a yellow android guy with a red caution triangle.

tyronius
06-05-2012, 04:56 AM
Finally got mine to work, I deleted the livesuite, and .img file I previously tried to use , downloaded Live suite again then after opening each of the 3 driver files (only 1 worled) I rebooted . Then tried it once more and it worked.

But I noticed there is no facebook, amazon, and a few other popular apps that arent available to download from Google play WTH?

Thank you OP for posting

theloveless
06-11-2012, 12:29 AM
I got the custom rom to install & all, I must thank you. But, now I have a new problem, the params are in reverse on the device & I do not know how to re calabrate the touch screen. Can anyone help me out or tell me what I should do next? Thanks

colorsview.pom
06-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Thank for ROM.I install your ROM.Every APP run smoothly and perfect.Only one point.The camera does not work.How to do it.

nipon
06-13-2012, 02:44 AM
i download your cfw_coby_9742.zip file. all app work smoothly and perfect. only one point, camera is not work, how to do it

Gretchen333
06-28-2012, 04:48 PM
I got the custom rom to install & all, I must thank you. But, now I have a new problem, the params are in reverse on the device & I do not know how to re calabrate the touch screen. Can anyone help me out or tell me what I should do next? Thanks

This has happened to me, too. I just followed the steps exactly and now my touch screen is in reverse! I hope someone can help me! :grey:

Armand Saavedra Cruz Jr
07-25-2012, 03:30 AM
it seems that we both have the same issue... i just got this a week ago and since i was eager to have the google market i did the root.. :( sadly i want the old one back.. my camera is not working neither my touch is reverse... please help....

jizzgoose
07-29-2012, 09:08 PM
installed and touchscreen doesn't work. stuck are start / emergency call screen

Shean Patton
08-14-2012, 12:01 PM
installed and touchscreen doesn't work. stuck are start / emergency call screen

The same exact thing happened to me :( Anyone know how to fix this?!

verrwirung
11-04-2012, 10:32 PM
The same exact thing happened to me :( Anyone know how to fix this?!
Installed it and had the same errors as you guys...
managed to fix it by installing proper drivers for the screen, touch and the camera...
but what i really want to know is how to activate the bluetooth dongle so i can use wireless devices like speakers, headphones, BT watch, etc...anyone? help pls...thanks!

Gage Gilbert
12-03-2012, 07:57 PM
What Drivers are you talking about. i searched all over the place and couldn't find any drivers to fix my inverted screen or camera. can you please help me find what you used to fix the screen and the camera. Thank you for your help.

tonyw1922
12-12-2012, 07:12 PM
I have the coby kyros mid9742 and installed this root and it worked but now my tablet is showing a start icon and is not responding at all is it bricked or am I missing something any please help thanks.

tonyw1922
12-12-2012, 07:20 PM
This has happened to me also did you find a solution thanks.

tonyw1922
12-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Does anyone have the stock recovery for coby mid9742

tonyw1922
12-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Is anyone still using this thread the update does not work on coby mid9742 my tab powers up but it looks like its a rom for a cell phone and not resopnding to touch it is not working Steve if you are reading this thread can you please help I installed it step by step. I read the warning but seen reviews saying it worked really starting to think they have another tablet not a coby mid9742.

danielcarreon
12-22-2012, 12:58 PM
i've followed the instructions and have reached the part of booting the tablet. But Livesuite hangs after ... "Not Responding". Please tell me why it wont work.

qqlele
12-22-2012, 08:50 PM
just download black market guys... worked for me 9742.

qqlele
12-22-2012, 08:51 PM

wookieballa
12-25-2012, 06:03 AM
do you need any kind of mods to get this BlackMarket to work?i tried installing one game, and it crashed on start up (plants VS Zombies)

ObviouslyNotKat
04-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I am having issues loading livesuite, when my computer asks me if I want to allow program to make changes to computer I say yes but it ends up loading an error message. What ca I do?

BooBoo67
04-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Got it to install.Had to install two other files to make my camera and axis work right.But my only problem is my wifi no longer works.Just says wifi turning on.Then nothing.Any help would be appreciated.I think files must be missing or something.Because my coby kyros 9742 wifi worked before rooting.I didn't do a dump.Couldn't figure out how.Help Please!!!!

AeroTwin7
07-06-2013, 12:06 AM
Got it to install.Had to install two other files to make my camera and axis work right.But my only problem is my wifi no longer works.Just says wifi turning on.Then nothing.Any help would be appreciated.I think files must be missing or something.Because my coby kyros 9742 wifi worked before rooting.I didn't do a dump.Couldn't figure out how.Help Please!!!!

So Can you please tell us what the other two files were and where'd you get them from,...

-AeroTwin7

Richard125rm
11-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Help me know if there is any stock flashable ROM with livesuit

kevinthefixer
01-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Steev,
I just wanted to say thanks, you just saved my tablet!

A couple other posters have said they had driver problems with this image but my device seems fine. It's a 3rd-gen MID9742-8, and both screen and camera work fine with your firmware. The machine seems quite a bit more responsive than it was with the stock ROM, too, which is a great plus.

I did have problems with installation; with my old standby Win7-32 bit workhorse PC it simply wouldn't go, it failed to install the device drivers. However, it worked on another PC under Win7-64 bit with LiveSuit 107. In fact, it caught me by surprise, as on my machine your step 4 isn't necessary: hold down vol+, plug in the cable, and off it goes. Make sure you are ready because it just starts flashing!

Again, thanks, and I'm back to playing with my new-again toy.

--Kevin

smurnav
02-01-2014, 01:23 PM
you fix your problema? i need help with a 9742-8

gth826a
02-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Are there any further/current LiveSuit IMG files for the MID9742?
The one i used from above has inverted my screen...

Thanks in advance,

faisal jee
10-19-2014, 10:05 AM
how to going to boot mode

all keys check but not success

coby mid9742 hang logo

not in recovery mode

pleae any buddy help mr