LAST UPDATE: 5/2/12 ( Alpha1 )
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this firmware, you agree that there is the possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting you if that occurs. (although the community is great at providing help to you!)
Namko got a workable source working for our tablets. His work will benefit all and surely be the bases for many ROMS and future developers.
1. Preparation for a good installation:
- Back up important data to PC.
- Use a freshly formatted FAT32 SDcard
- Safely "Eject" the SDcard before removing it from PC to ensure that the data is completely written
- Battery is fully charged.
- Download the zip/rar then extract the zip/rar to a folder on PC.
- Copy the entire content of the extracted folder to the root of the SDcard.
- With the tablet is off, insert the SDcard in the TF card slot.
- Press the "menu" button and "power" button together until the boot screen and a small line of text appear then release the buttons. Leave the tablet undisturbed. It will turn OFF automatically after the flashing completed.
- Now turn tablet on and enjoy the new firmware.
The following people are participating in bringing ICS for the C8 Community (please let me know if I forgot to put you in the list)
Alpha1 (updated 5/2/2012) Link: http://androidtabletfirmware.com/fir...cxMDIyODA3NTEx
Namko new kernel/Base
Beta10 (updated 2/26/2012) Link: http://androidtabletfirmware.com/firmwa ... E1MQ%3D%3D
Root - thanks steev, wifi improvements - need tester feedback
Beta9 (updated 2/22/2012) Link: http://androidtabletfirmware.com/firmwa ... MDcxNjU%3D
Mirror download link : http://www.mediafire.com/?sj7ast2u0gh5buu
Upgrade to 4.0.3 thanks to namko, need to fix root
Beta8 (updated 2/4/2012) test Version
Beta7 (updated 2/4/2012) Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?tpnr4xfjon0mx0h
Audio works thanks to namko
Beta6 (updated 1/8/2012) Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?2ud545apca1pqwo
Some improved gapps (if market auto updates you will need to remove through applications menu) Contacts sync working, new gmail app,
Steev install script v5
-Supports installing from either internal or external sd
-Improved softmac updating code
-Fixed utscript_sd (Thanks, namko)
-Increased rootfs size to 256MB
Beta5 (updated 1/2/2012) Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?rg47c57lr30f2av
Removed Red Box, Rooted, Battery Indication Fixed(thanks steev), Some improved gapps (if market auto updates you will need to remove through applications menu) To boot phone interface remove tablet_patch from patches folder
Alpha4 (updated 12/28/2011) Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mrshvnjndf3g9n8
Added new installer to bypass nand so we can have necessary room, some ics Market (periodic force closes but its a start) (thanks to steev, namko & Dave.s )
Alpha3 (updated 12/25/2011) Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?15j8lc6ihjur252
Market (periodic force closes but its a start) (thanks thaigir99 )
Alpha2 (updated 12/24/2011) Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?l61lafi2n197qm9
Fixed wifi (thanks symbean)
Alpha1 (updated 12/24/2011) Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gg2cdz10of65lp9
Boots, Wifi Broke