Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thanks

Re: [ROM] Popular PD10 Freelander Firmwares

Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    I have a PD 10 deluxe and i installed the 20120428 update that i have dowloaded from the site in chinese .... The problem is that after the upgrade the touchscreen doesnt seem to work... i mean i can see evrething, it loads perfectly, mounts the sd card but i can't do anythink... my fingers on the screen won't work... i tried re-installing, but it's the same... any hints? any ideas.. please help me...
    do you slove it?
    because i have the same problem.. :(

North Dakota. U know where it is? QQ 1482144592
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yair View Post
    do you slove it?
    because i have the same problem.. :(
    option a: get a USB keyboard: menu>system update>Detect version>dl and update to 20120619. This is the easiest and I recommend that.

option b: dl and install any ROM you can find for your PD10. Now there are all together seven of them, so, you need to pick the right one. With GPS, it should be PD10 delux. your latest is 20120428, file size 131 Mb, file size 121 MB wont work. Download from 1st post to your winPC. It is a .rar file, extract it to a folder, open the folder, you will see a file update.zip, copy that file to a microSD card. Has to be the highest folder, like e:\update.zip, cannot be in a subfolder. Insert the microSD card into PD10, hold down volume-, then press power button, at least for 10 - 15 seconds when holding both button down, you will see a green android, you can now release the buttons. THis is the recovery mode. use volume- to navigate, and volume+ to select. Select upgrade through SD. Sit back, let it reboot several times. Go and enjoy your now lively PD10. I still recommend to upgrade to the latest ROM 20120619.

Post back on your endeavor.

good luck,

bun
    Last edited by bunanson; 07-10-2012 at 08:40 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:

id8

Thanks

The new ROM 20120619 solved one major flaw, battery leak. Now, the PD10 when in sleep status, hibernate, the battery wont change for 2 days! Before, the battery fell flat after 8 hrs, unless you turn on airplane mode. It also fix some other bugs and add options to some Settings menu, made PD10 runs smoother. And PD10 after update X 2 days, stable. No random reboot. Strongly recommend to update.

bun
    Last edited by bunanson; 07-10-2012 at 08:48 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:

id8

Thanks

I found that the DPI settings on my PD10 were too high on the stock ROM. Of course there is a problem changing the settings on the build.prop if the tablet does not have full root access. I believe that a 7" tablet with low resolution should be set around 120-133 dpi.

We have scripts here that allow you to pull and push build.prop files, but they were created for the A10 chipset, and I haven't had the chance to test on this tablet yet.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dansplans For This Useful Post:

id8

Thanks

LCD mod from GooglePlay works very handy, put in the DPI you want, 120, 160 ..., reboot done. Save you energy to push and pull, literally, :)

bun

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:

id8

Thanks

hi im new here but i have just received my pd10 deluxe today and want to update the rom on it but im running windows 7 64bit and assume it would be hassle to update via the pc so wanted to update it via the micro sd card on the device itself and have downloaded the latest rom from the link in this thread for the pd10 deluxe but it does not contain the update.zip file any help would be appreciated thanks.

Thanks

ignore more my last post re downloaded file and update.zip was there this time must have corrupted in my 1st download attempt will now attempt to update my pd10 deluxe will get back to you and let you know how it all goes

Thanks

ok so each time i try to install the update.zip on my pd10 deluxe (yes im sure ive got the right version for my tablet) it seems to install fine except it comes up "Random offset: 0x17e" but tells me "Install from sdcard complete." so then i reboot but nothing has changed at all (also during the time it spent suppossedly installing the update from zip the device did not reboot at any point either) i have tried this a few times now with same result any help would be appreciated thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKE87 View Post
    ok so each time i try to install the update.zip on my pd10 deluxe (yes im sure ive got the right version for my tablet) it seems to install fine except it comes up "Random offset: 0x17e" but tells me "Install from sdcard complete." so then i reboot but nothing has changed at all (also during the time it spent suppossedly installing the update from zip the device did not reboot at any point either) i have tried this a few times now with same result any help would be appreciated thanks.
    Update through the air, using your wifi. Menu>System update>Detect version>download and install>Upgrade now or upgrade later, pick upgrade now and watch it reboot 3 times. Done. No SD, no winPC, no nothing.

bun

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
    Update through the air, using your wifi. Menu>System update>Detect version>download and install>Upgrade now or upgrade later, pick upgrade now and watch it reboot 3 times. Done. No SD, no winPC, no nothing.

bun
    hi thanks for your reply i dont seem to have the option to update "OTA" on my PD10 Deluxe im getting stumped now as ive spent most of the day trying to work this out but i have managed to root the pd10 sucessfully

More Info:

Model Number: SXZ-PDX-01
    Android Version: 4.0.3
    Build Number: .20120428.150408 test-keys

thanks in advance for your help
    Last edited by SMOKE87; 07-14-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast