Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks

Tablet won't boot / how to get into recovery?

Hi All,

Just got this new V7P tablet and set it all up. Worked fine initially, now it's stuck and won't boot past the android logo. Seems its got itself confused. I've tried all combinations of buttons being held down to see if there's a recovery mode and have had no luck.

can anyone help?

Kr B

North Dakota. U know where it is? QQ 1482144592
    Thanks

Re: Tablet won't boot / how to get into recovery?

try to reset the tablet. use a very thin object poke into the mic hole, very gently. You should feel like pressing a button.

bun

Thanks

Hello Bun !

I searched high and low to help this fellow and found nothing.
    Thanks for the tip and hope that he/she will solve the problem.

Dave

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave.S For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi Guys, I have seen the mic hole but didn't realise it was a reset button too?? don't want to damage it?

The seller on ebay luckily seems v apologetic and helpful and is trying to get me a ROM.. as to how that can be installed when there is no recovery mode (visible) / windows drivers etc I have no idea :(

wondering whether to try pushing something into that hole now!

thx, B

North Dakota. U know where it is? QQ 1482144592
    Thanks

When the battery is low (even 57%!), or when the tablet is not 'happy', it will refuse to boot. It happened twice on the ICOO tablet, another Allwinner A13 tablet. I would 1st try to charge it for an hour, and then hold down the power button for long, like a minute. and see whether that wakes up the tablet. It is ok to poke into the mic, you got to be very gentle though. I did it twice to my X6 tablet, it woke up just like that.

bun

Thanks

Hi bun,

I tried very gently pushing a paper clip into the hole. there was no resistence for a good length, then some soft material... so I got worried and immediately removed it. I don't think there's a button in there! I'll try a good long charge. but remember it DOES turn on, show the little android character, then a green android image, then sits with a flashing android logo forever. so it does boot up, it just doesnt get past that point.

thx B

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubo View Post
    Hi bun,

I tried very gently pushing a paper clip into the hole. there was no resistence for a good length, then some soft material... so I got worried and immediately removed it. I don't think there's a button in there! I'll try a good long charge. but remember it DOES turn on, show the little android character, then a green android image, then sits with a flashing android logo forever. so it does boot up, it just doesnt get past that point.

thx B
    I had the same problem with my allwinner A13, It would turn on, the light would go green then it would show an empty battery sign then go back off. I had thought I had tried everything, I put it on charge for hours but it wouldn't respond to the charger (the light would not come on) then I decided to hold the power on button for a long time and it went on then off then on then off, I kept holding it and suddenly it came on properly and the symbol for the full battery came up and it is now currently on charge. Hope this helps!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vinny For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I really need help. My android Allwinner A13 won't come on past the Android logo it's just flashing. It crashed last night and now I am stressing trying to get it back on. Please someone help. I have stuck a paper clip into the mic hole and that's done nothing

Thanks

download a working firmware from internet and use livesuit to reflash tablet, no other option i think.

Thanks

1. the mic trick,for me doesnt work..cause when i took apart my tablet..there was absolutely nothing behind the mic hole,no button..and the motherboard was 1/2 inch to the right of it..so i dont think the "mic trick" is valid

2. i got a email from a supplier showing the recovery mode settings. they are as follows

Hi!

Press the power button for 10-15 seconds to turn off, and then press the power button for 3-5 seconds to turn on.

or

Keep charging. Press the "Volume Minus" button at the same time to press the power-on button for 10-20 seconds. To restore the factory settings.

Best Regards
    Ella

now this is where your going to run into some trouble..cause this key combination is darn tricky!!...on mine it only worked once out of probably 50 attempts by pressing POWER and VOLUME + (UP) together...you can try it as the lady in the email instructed..but havnt found that holding the power and volume down button has done anything even after holding it down for 3 min straight...if you have sucess with this please let me know exactly what you did..(im talkin down to the micron!!..well not literally of course but you get my drift lol.)

hope this helps

Keith.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast