Warning, I don't take any responsibility for hardware damage or loosing warranty.
Here is a way to recover if the tablet doesn't go in flash mode and the tablet doesn't start whatever you do (first try the forced shutdown and restart a few times combined with the recovery "volume+ and power combination").
- You must dis-assemble the tablet! Look for dis-assembly instructions on forum and if you dont have the necessary skills and tools ask a qualified friend to do it for you. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
- You have to identify 2 contacts on the circuit board. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Here is a picture.
- Have a suitable ROM for your tablet type (W,H, or T model, look for model in the serial number)
- Double check the firmware downloaded!
- Connect the USB cable to computer (use a tested high quality USB cable, and I personally recommend using a back-plate USB port), to enter Maskrom flash mode, you must make contact between the 2 contacts highlighted in the picture, keeping the contact closed press POWER SWITCH on tablet, if everything is OK, the computer will detect a new device and install a driver for it, remove contact. The USB drivers from the firmware package will do fine.
- Start up RK Batch tool and look for a DARK BLUE square (not green or any other colour).
- Load the firmware and press RESTORE not upgrade!
- The tablet will restore the boot ROM, then it will low format and reflash the ROM.
- If everything is OK, in a few minutes or so you will have a fully restored functional tablet.
Take care when messing with the tablet internals and not to make any short circuit with the battery or other components, touch as little as possible or better ask a friend with electronics qualification!
Also don't touch IC's from tablet, they are sensitive to electrostatic discharges (don't wear anything synthetic).
Dont puncture, bend or short circuit the battery, it may explode or provoke severe burning.
Myself and another user unbricked our tablets this way so it should work for you too if there is no hardware damage.
If an ADMIN consider the post is messy feel free to reformat it and to add/remove stuff from it so it may become more usefull.
Last edited by kriss; 07-11-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Kriss, you're a hero, it worked!!
Thanks a lot!!
Not that I hope I ever need it, but just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to put this guide together.
Sent from my Cube U30GT-W using Tapatalk 2
My Tablets (current): Google Nexus 7, Pipo Movie M3
Previous in chronological order (most recent first): Pipo Mix M2, Pipo Max M1, Cube Mini U30GT-M, Cube U30GT-W, Blackberry Playbook, Sanei N90, Zenithink C91 ZT280, Archos 80 G9, Aishuo S2
Great job Kriss,
I edited you post to make the picture more visible.
Thanks for your information, actually I have a N90 Dual Core, with RK3066, but when I was flashing, the process stops on download IDB, then process failed, And after that my tablet doesn't turn On,
I know that this isnt a U30GT, but uses the same procesor, and i would like to know if there is similar process for other tablets.
Thanks kriss. You/your thread saved my tablet too. Yesterday I've tried to flash with evo prime and my tablet went dead. I think the main reason of that failure was that i've used the front usb ports of my pc and probably they don't have stable voltage/possible reason-thin extension cables/. Looking for solution I've found this thread - it was little hard to remove first 2 screws on the top of the tablet where are the buttons - i don't have such a small screwdriver from this kind. But after couple hours and a lot of patience i did it without damage. After that it was easy - the other screws was for phillips screwdriver. This metod is working like a charm - i didn't had any problems to restore my h-model tablet to its original 1.01 firmware. After that i've tried to install again same evo prime version that failed me - it went well, no problems. But this time for 1.01 and after that for the evo prime i've used the back usb ports of my pc - with the same usb cable. So this is my opinion too - don't trust to any usb port, make sure that you have stable voltage usb port before upgrade/don't trust to usb extension ports, usb hubs and so on and so on - look for motherboard soldered usb port/. Thanks again, kriss, you saved my tablet from trip to china :)
Last edited by rex80; 07-26-2012 at 06:13 PM.
The two outside case screws are Torx #3. This isn't a common size but I did eventually find a screwdriver set with this bit as well as some other small bits. It was $13 Usd.
If you strip the heads on the screws, you will be screwed as it will be near impossible to replace them. The screws in mine were very tight because the battery wires were not soldered properly and the case had to be squeezed together to get the rim installed. Once I fixed the battery wires, the case fits together nicely.
Sent from my Cube U30GT (Evo Prime) using Tapatalk
I used my Swiss army knifes blade for all the screws. They don't show any wear either so far :).
Owner of: Cube U30GT with Evolution JB 1.0.1 Alpha ROM (thanks Prox!). microSD 32GB class 10 from Samsung had unsteady perfromance, microSD 32GB class 10 from Lexar is much more stable.
If you find my post informing, please thank it! :D
But from what I remember from the other tablets from window, the recovery button should be mounted on the board or at least a place for it.
The procedure described above should work for you too, if the recovery button is not installed (looks like some round golden pushbutton) then you must find the right contacts and this could be hard.
Please take note of the precautions about USB cable/connection, drivers and the possibility to hard damage (destroy) your tablet.
Try the reset function, then the recovery combination again, if there is a color shown in RKBatch tool you are good to go without dis-assembling the tablet.
Thaaaanks!!!. I was trying some rare things on the U30GT and I bricked!