Thanks

keyboard input method

i just got a icoo tablet from china and the keyboard iput method is in baidu but i need english
    i know theres something you can download fix this problem butihavent found one that works yet

North Dakota. U know where it is? QQ 1482144592
    Thanks

Re: keyboard input method

Welcome onboard yesca!

There are quite a few keyboards that works, depends which one you can get :)

1) go keyboard - very powerful and somewhat complicate and intimidating, I think they put over 40+ languages in one keyboard. Good, you have tons of language at your dispose. Bad, a bit complicate.

2) tswipe pro - simple but configurable keyboard, full english and thai. I like it because it is a full 4 rows keyboard, numerals and alphabet on one screen, so one does not have to scroll back and forth when dealing with numbers. And it swipe, similar, but not the same, as scripting. Once learned, it is as fast as script/graffiti

Both available from googleplay and FREE. When playing with keyboard, got to be careful. When install a keyboard not compatible with your tablet, and you dont have a USB keyboard available, you would have to flash. This happened to me once.

bun

bun

Thanks

You can change the onboard keyboard to the english from the language settings area. Once you change your default keyboard settings, reboot for changes to take effect.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks

I have gone into the setting and changed the language to english but the default keyboard & input method is set to baidu. theres no way of changing that in the setting and diableing it just takes out the whole keyboard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yesca View Post
    I have gone into the setting and changed the language to english but the default keyboard & input method is set to baidu. theres no way of changing that in the setting and diableing it just takes out the whole keyboard.
    You may need to flash updated firmware if you can't get the keyboard input you need from the market.

Here is the ICOO download link if you need to get firmware: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

There is also a good, stable ICS firmware here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] if your tablet is a D90W.
    I have personally loaded this firmware on many D90W tablets and find it to be an excellent stock ROM.