Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thanks

[ROM] Decontaminate JB V3.0 (11/23/12)

Images

Screenshot_2012-09-20-19-49-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-09-20-19-49-19.jpgScreenshot_2012-09-20-19-49-09.jpg

STANDARD DISCLAIMER:
    USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. By running this firmware, you agree that there isthe possibility that you may brick your device. You agree that only you are responsible and no one else is responsible for supporting youif that occurs. (although the community is great at providing help to you!)

What is it?

This ROM / Firmware is based from the Pipo stock firmware. It has volume and screenshot controls on the status bar. I will be making mods to attempt to make sure all features work on all supported RK3066 tablets. I will also be making tweeks to attempt to improve system performance.

Howto install Decontaminate

1. Download the latest ROM from downloads link below and put in the root of microSD card and insert into your tablets sdcard slot. (this file must stay in the zip format)
    2. Download the latest Base from the downloads link below and put on your desktop. Extract the zip file to your desktop. (If your positive you already have the latest base on your tablet you can use reboot recovery and skip to step 12)
    3. Shutdown your tablet
    4. Run RKAndroidtool.exe from the folder you extracted on your desktop
    5. Default installation is 1gig system space if you want 2 gig click the white box next to parameter entry and in rom folder select parameter2g.
    6. Enter flashmode on your tablet and insert usb cable. (you may have to install the drivers if you have not flashed your tablet before)
    7. When the tool finds your tablet click erase NAND
    8. It may just copy parameter file and reboot normal. If it does dont worry and go back to step one.
    9. After format is complete and you click ok without reboot then click Flash ROM
    10. When complete it will boot into CWM
    11. Remove USB cable and close RKAndroidtool
    12. In CWM select install zip from sdcard
    13. Select choose zip from sdcard
    14. Scroll to the rom you are installing and select
    15. Process takes ~10 minutes
    16. It will say complete but is not complete until it returns to menu...patience
    17. When returned to menu select go back
    18. select reboot system now.

IT MAY SEEM IF TABLET HAS LOCKED UP ON INSTALLING SYSTEM. IT HAS NOT, IT JUST TAKES TIME!

Respect

Please do not mirror the firmware / ROM. I analyze the downloads to determine which tablets to keep and which to drop. I am fine if repost this entire post elsewhere as long as you change the mediafire download link to link back to this thread.

Downloads

Base [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Rom [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

V3.0
    New Base – update_DS973H_PIPO_M2_20121108.img
    Added CIFS support
    Autoload all .ko files in /modules folder on boot

V2.4
    Added init.d support
    Added 4.2 apps

V2.3
    Minor changes to make compatible with MK808

V2.2
    Build.propfix so we can find the games we can now play

V2.1
    Gamelof tFix - Credit to Christian Troy for the patch! Christian accepts donations [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

V2.0
    New base PIPOM23G_120924 -OFFICIAL Base

V1.5
    Improved battery savings
    Faster wifi speeds
    Improved overall performance
    Improved steaming video
    Google earth location fixed
    MD5checksum txt file added

V1.4
    Fixed google voice search

V1.3

Update to PIPO_M1_20120828 - OFFICIAL Base

V1.2

Fixed SDcard permissions

V1.1
    Added Back Stock Gallery because it contains camera
    Removed stock widgets from Launcher workspace
    AdFree included
    Fixed Permissions for multitouch
    Market permission fix
    Market Build.prop fix
    Slowed WIFI scan to save batteryV1.0

V1.0

Initial Release
    Last edited by Tab_Modder; 11-24-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Thanks

Re: [ROM] Decontaminate V1.0

Hi Tab, May I know is this Jelly Bean or ICS? I intend to downgrade back to ICS as Chainfire3d doesn't work on JB. Most of the games that I played in the past are Tegra games. Any alterative besides Chainfire3d that support Tegra games?

Thanks

@Tab_Modder
    many thanks. What is the base if not Cube stock just outta interest?

Incidentally I have a U30GT-H and tried flashing the CWM you link too, but my tab won't boot afterwards (just stays blank, no matter if I try to hold power button down for more than 10 seconds to make sure it's definitely off, then try to switch it on again). Had this before. I think it's because this is for CWM is for W models only.
    So I'll flash FinlessBob's 900supersport rom which has CWM baked in (I had to do this before) to get CWM flashed. Then I'll use CWM to flash your CWM based version.

Just out of interest, since you provide recovery versions too, and the link is the recovery 4.0, Decontaminate v1.0 is ICS? EDIT: It is Jelly Bean!! Woohoo!

I'll let you know how I go.

EDIT: flashed Finless Bob's 900sport rom successfully to give me CWM. Then flashed Decontaminate v1.0 via CWM no probs. I see it's Jelly Bean - fantastic - PIP function is great! Love the additional soft buttons! 2GB for apps - fantastic!! Gonna tinker at lunchtime so will let you know how I get on. Many thanks.

cheers

D
    Last edited by danbbking; 09-21-2012 at 07:26 AM.

Thanks
    Just loaded and so far looks good.

Can you let us know what tweaks you made?

Also would be good know the parentage of this ROM.

Sent from my U30GT-H using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

@tab_modder
    Just tried Titanium - says the rom isn't rooted. I'll try the 3 step root listed in the forum as that worked for me before. Can you check perhaps if it is truely rooted?
    @Andyvbrown - is your's rooted?

cheers

D

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danbbking View Post
    @tab_modder
    Just tried Titanium - says the rom isn't rooted. I'll try the 3 step root listed in the forum as that worked for me before. Can you check perhaps if it is truely rooted?
    @Andyvbrown - is your's rooted?

cheers

D
    Yes mine is rooted.

According to a root checker and titanium backup.

I didn't install the CWM version though.

Sent from my Decontaminate V1.0 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Also it seems this rom is based on a pipo rom from the pipo ds975 model.

Ads are still active in the ROM too.

Sent from my Decontaminate V1.0 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

@Tab_modder
    ok, used Zhuodashi_2.2.9 software via the PC to root it successfully while the tab was on (storage mode = MTP, stay awake, usb debugging and unknown sources all ticked). I am wondering as I'd installed the 900Supersport Finless bob (with baked in CWM) rom first to get CWM installed, then wiped data/factory settings, and then used the CWN to flash your Decontaminate v1.0 rom, perhaps something happened which unrooted it. @Andyvbrown - glad your recovery version worked ok.

Just restoring my apps via Titanium backup now. Everything seems very snappy - so handy to have the volume soft buttons.

One thing - with PIP videos, previously with the U30GT stock roms and those modded ones based on it, you could drag the videos off screen to close them. I can't seem to do that with this rom

thanks again for bringing this rom to the forum

cheers

D
    Last edited by danbbking; 09-21-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danbbking View Post
    @Tab_modder
    ok, used Zhuodashi_2.2.9 software via the PC to root it successfully while the tab was on (storage mode = MTP, stay awake, usb debugging and unknown sources all ticked). I am wondering as I'd installed the 900Sport Finless bob (with baked in CWM) rom first to get CWM installed, then wiped data/factory settings, and then used the CWN to flash your Decontaminate v1.0 rom, perhaps something happened which unrooted it. @Andyvbrown - glad your recovery version worked ok.

Just restoring my apps via Titanium backup now. Everything seems very snappy - so handy to have the volume soft buttons.

One thing - with PIP videos, previously with the U30GT stock roms and those modded ones based on it, you could drag the videos off screen to close them. I can't seem to do that with this rom

thanks again for bringing this rom to the forum

cheers

D
    Thanks to you both for feedback. I will work on improvements in updates and I will get the h version of my cwm working.

This is based from pipo max m1

Please keep feedback coming it is much help.

Didn't really get much feedback on my other ROMs lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Two finger rotate doesn't work in maps or google earth. I have used a CWM patch in the past which Psygnosis posted (post #8) here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The link to the file is: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    it's called: distinct-multitouch-signed.zip

I'll patch that in a mo

cheers

D
    Last edited by danbbking; 09-21-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast