I have successfully rooted and installed a new rom on my Pipo max M1 and all is well. But for the life of me I cannot get this device to show in the list of devices when I run adb devices. I have tried several device drivers(adb composite usb device,rk29,rk30 device), as well as restarting pc and adb kill-server, adb start-server.(device is rooted again)
I wanted to know if any Max M1 owners managed to succeed where I have failed after so many frustrating hours. I just tried on my LG phone to see if it was just me but I got that to show up in the list on first go (of course windows found required drivers as soon as I connect with mass storage only turned off and debugging on). But that is not the case when it comes to the M1.
I would really appreciate any help on this.
It depends on the version of windows you have. On Win 7 it automatically installs the wrong driver so you must go to device manager and tell it to update the driver using the driver in the rkutility folder. I hope this helps. Once you do that install clockworkmod and let go of adb or the rkutility . It is safer and easier.
Thanks tek112 I will give that a go today. Can you tell me what storage options I should use (mass storage or media) or dose it matter because it won't allow me to turn them all off at the same time.
You only have one option, USB mass storage and when you mount it it mounts both internal and external storage of the tablet to the pc.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I see this is an old thread, but what I found after two days of hair tearing, is that I had to turn USB debugging OFF for the RK30 driver to work. From there on it was a breeze. Flash mode can be entered by hitting 'Switch' in the RKBatch tool.
I haven't read this anywhere else... so maybe this post helps a soul or two.