Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thanks

PiPo Smart S1 - Top Notch Tablets - Release 2 Firmware

Yes this is Release "2" firmware because ironically release 1 was never released :). It was based on botched base stock firmware. This release is based on the latest 10/10 release from PiPo and it works beautifully.

Change List from Stock (and from release 1):
    -Fixed Build.prop for better market access (SGH-i777)
    -Fixed framework.jar per dragon dev's Christian Troy's excellent advice for better Gameloft compatibility.
    -Notification bar has been fixed in this updated stock firmware so that volume keys are not shown in portrait
    -Replaced awful PiPo stock launcher with Apex which is very smooth. There are also backup config files in the system directory that can be used to quickly configure Apex if you so desire.
    -Permissions fixes for improved app compatability
    -Removed all stupid chinese apps
    -Screen is... improved? I think in this stock firmware they did something because stuff doesn't look as... fuzzy?
    -Expanded app partition to 2 GB
    -Rooted
    -Based on newer stock rom (1010)
    -Added root explorer, superSu, videoediter, gallery with picasa support, google drive, docs2go, ESfile Explorer, Genie Widget, english dictionary fix, Signal Booster, Apex launcher
    -Prettier and simpler boot animation

Official Release 2 Firmware now available! Go to: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] , then click on the "firmware" button, then click "RKbatch" RK3066 Firmware Utility, Guide, & Firmware Images" and then finally click, "Pipo Smart S1 TNT Release 2 Firmware Image" to download the firmware image.

Also, the default home page for "browser" is set to our site's custom google search. You can change this if you like, or support free firmware releases from us by using it =).

Kind Regards,

Roman

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to roman2025 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: PiPo Smart S1 - Top Notch Tablets - Release 2 Firmware

To get my apex settings

1. Go into "system" folder and copy the "apexlauncher" folder (the entire folder) from there into "/sdcard/android/data/" so once you are done you will have the path "/sdcard/android/data/apexlauncher"
    2. Go into Apex Settings ---> Backup and Restore ---> "Restore Apex Settings" ----> Yes ----> it will ask, Restart Apex Now? ---> NO_____THEN ---> "Restore desktop data" ----> Yes ----> it will ask, Restart Apex Now? ----> YES ----> DONE!

Thanks

Umm i got a problem... is any pipo s1 user got any problem with glu game and gameloft game.. for glu game , the game restart constanly everytime i open it.. and for gameloft it crash after open it.. moreover , this new rom can fix this problem? i really need help because im not a good android user.

-by noob android user-

Thanks

Best answer I can give is try it and see. Every developer is different and every game is different. This rom should fix the endless load loop that currently happens with Asphault 7. It should also improve compatibility with other games as well. You best bet is to simply try it :). Instructions are on the site and if you run into any snags during the upgrade process there are plenty of folks here to help.

For the S1, turn the tablet completely off, hold down the "VOL -" button and then while continuing to hold down that button plug in the tablet to your pc using the USB data cable. Keep holding the "vol -" button down for another 10 seconds and then release. You are now in firmware update mode (the tablet will still appear to be off but when you load up the RKbatch tool you will see a green square).

Regards,

Roman

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roman2025 View Post
    Best answer I can give is try it and see. Every developer is different and every game is different. This rom should fix the endless load loop that currently happens with Asphault 7. It should also improve compatibility with other games as well. You best bet is to simply try it :). Instructions are on the site and if you run into any snags during the upgrade process there are plenty of folks here to help.

For the S1, turn the tablet completely off, hold down the "VOL -" button and then while continuing to hold down that button plug in the tablet to your pc using the USB data cable. Keep holding the "vol -" button down for another 10 seconds and then release. You are now in firmware update mode (the tablet will still appear to be off but when you load up the RKbatch tool you will see a green square).

Regards,

Roman
    Hmm i will try.. i will update if it work perfectly

Thanks

Just new here
    I got the pipoS1
    i readed the stuff but is flashing guide pipo M1 the same as for pipo s1?
    My os is w8 64b the update driver givs an error

Thanks

I don't have a 64-bit machine to test on however there are 64-bit drivers in the RKbatch tool folder. Are you sure you are in update mode? Most people not familiar with it get it wrong the first time around ;).

-----------from post 2 up---------
    -----------

If the Update software shows a purple square it is incorrect, the tablet has booted regularly which is not what you want. If that happens, leave the tablet plugged into your PC, hold down the volume down key and use a toothpick to hit the reset button while continuing to hold down the volume down key. It will take 2 - 10 seconds and you will see the update software show a green square, you can release the volume key at that point.

If that isn't working (are having driver issues) you might have to manually install the driver in the 64-bit folder using device manager. Just google for it (how to manually install drivers using device manager in Windows 7) and I am sure you will find some answers.

Regards,

Roman

Thanks

I flashed the latest firmware and it is not rooted. Checked with root checker from market. And to root it with ZhaoDaShi, you've to unroot first. If you directly click root the first time, ZhaoDaShi will give an error saying your S1 is already rooted!

Thanks

al125911 - Will double check on my unit here but I am fairly certain it is completely rooted. If not I will go back and fix it in firmware

EDIT: I am going to go out on a limb and say that root checker is incorrect as SuperSU works properly and I have full ROOT access using both Root Explorer and ES File Explorer. If you are running this TNT firmware on your S1, you have full root.
    Last edited by roman2025; 11-12-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Thanks

Anyway to change the way the device sees the SD card? Its pissing me off that some new android devices are seeing the internal storage as the SD CARD. Its stupid and its a deal breaker. So can the "Expanded 2GB app partition" be expanded to whatever its max can be and then the sd card actually function as a normal SD card?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast