Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thanks

Irulu 7" Tablet Firmware needed HELP

Hi guys,

I have a 7" Irulu tablet PC which worked fine until I stupidly flashed the rom with the PIPO S1 firmware, now it still seems to work but NO touchscreen so can't do anything with it.

PLEASE HELP

CHINESE IRULU 7" tablet PC 1.6Ghz dual core RK3066 CPU with Quad core Mali-400 GPU
    Google Real Android 4.1 (jelly Bean) out of box
    800 x 400 HD
    1Gb DDR3
    8GB

(These are as far as I can see EXACTLY the same specs as the PIPO S1)

Thank you & MERRY CHRISTMAS

Thanks

Re: Irulu 7" Tablet Firmware needed HELP

Quote Originally Posted by superm8n View Post
    Hi guys,

I have a 7" Irulu tablet PC which worked fine until I stupidly flashed the rom with the PIPO S1 firmware, now it still seems to work but NO touchscreen so can't do anything with it.

PLEASE HELP

CHINESE IRULU 7" tablet PC 1.6Ghz dual core RK3066 CPU with Quad core Mali-400 GPU
    Google Real Android 4.1 (jelly Bean) out of box
    800 x 400 HD
    1Gb DDR3
    8GB

(These are as far as I can see EXACTLY the same specs as the PIPO S1)

Thank you & MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Haha. I did the exact same thing with mine. Bought two of these as Christmas gifts and I wasn't happy with the way the WIFI seems to always be in scanning mode and wanted to get a more stable ROM. The battery would only last two hours max. That wasn't going to cut it. After flashing the S1 ROM and finding out that the screen digitizer wasn't working I tried a couple of different similar spec'd ROMS with the same results.

I eventually landed on the following solution: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    This solution will get you back in business but the only drawback from what I can see is one of the two ROM links [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] only provides 512MB for app storage and the remaining 7.5GB for whatever else.(I understand that with this particular tablet the apps can be moved to this 7.5GB but I always prefer to have at least 2 GB set aside for apps.) NOTE: The original ROM had 1GB set aside for apps. I haven't tried the other ROM listed in the blog.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] So I can't comment on what the differences are between the two.

I'm guessing since you've already flashed the PIPO S1 ROM then you know how to flash the .img's I have linked to. Hope this helps.

Added tip: doing build.prop edits will help with the wifi battery drain issues since we can't get custom ROM's for this tablet yet. Refer to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

4. The Following User Says Thank You to crombiesooner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Have 2 of that same tablet (the iRulu AS107, right?) and found the Wammy Desire firmwares. Haven't been gutsy enough to try them yet, but they're the closest I can come to what looks like an actual manufacturer ROM. I unpacked both a.img and update.img using Wendal's tool, and the parameter file for both seems to indicate they are android 4.0.4 ? Was it truly 4.1.1 still when you flashed it? I've pestered my reseller, as well as the support email at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], to get factory firmware, but both give me the runaround. All my other web searching, comparisons to other manufacturer's images, etc, have been fruitless, except that I believe this is also the same device as the Amoi Q50.

If it helps, I have a full romdump of the "as shipped" condition of these tablets (i.e. boot.img, config.gz, recovery.img, system.info.gz, and system.tar).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatbob View Post
    Have 2 of that same tablet (the iRulu AS107, right?) and found the Wammy Desire firmwares. Haven't been gutsy enough to try them yet, but they're the closest I can come to what looks like an actual manufacturer ROM. I unpacked both a.img and update.img using Wendal's tool, and the parameter file for both seems to indicate they are android 4.0.4 ? Was it truly 4.1.1 still when you flashed it? I've pestered my reseller, as well as the support email at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], to get factory firmware, but both give me the runaround. All my other web searching, comparisons to other manufacturer's images, etc, have been fruitless, except that I believe this is also the same device as the Amoi Q50.

If it helps, I have a full romdump of the "as shipped" condition of these tablets (i.e. boot.img, config.gz, recovery.img, system.info.gz, and system.tar).
    Unfortunately about half of all Android 4.1 firmware updates do not have the correct file identification tags attached to them. Any tools used to examine them will show the file properties to be Android 4.0.4. This includes the Rockchip flashing tools when preparing to flash your tablet.

For most users this means flashing the firmware on faith. If you have the ability to mount and examine the firmware images beforehand, you can confirm that the firmware is in fact Android 4.1.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks

Yes, the AS107. Yes, it is 4.1.1 JB. I haven't heard of the Amoi Q50. Could you find any ROM's for it?

Nice job on the ROM dump. I had a full romdump before I originally tried the S1 ROM. After I realized it wasn't working, I tried to use the romdump and I was unable to read the system.img file. Many restless days later, I found out I needed a Linux FS (EXT3,2,4 type of reader) in order to view the system.img file. I guess if we could get CWM on this tablet we could use that as a fail safe. I'm almost to the point that I'm ok with just bringing the tablet I soft-bricked back to life. They are just Christmas gifts for two boys that are hard on stuff as it is so all of my efforts to improve their experience may prove to be futile. Haha.

Flash the Wammy Desire firmware with confidence. It should work.

Thanks

crombiesooner - thanks for the vote of confidence in the Wammy Desire firmware.

Still... without an original base rom, and without CWM, is there any 100% way to use the original ROM dump i have to restore the device? All of my searches on this subject ultimately always circle back around to "you need to start with the original *.zip".

Thanks

crombiesooner - thanks for the vote of confidence in the Wammy Desire firmware.

Still... without an original base rom, and without CWM, is there any 100% way to use the original ROM dump i have to restore the device? All of my searches on this subject ultimately always circle back around to "you need to start with the original *.zip".
    Hopefully you will be able to create a flashable image from your ROM dump. Perhaps Tab_Modder or one of our other devs will chime in to point you in the right direction.

Thanks

Still haven't really been able to figure out how to create a flashable image from just a rom dump. All instructions presume you have an initial update.img to begin with. I suppose I could possibly start with the Wammy Desire image, using it's script and parameter file, and rebuild with the contents of the iRulu rom dump? Really out of my element here, but I can give it a shot.

Thanks

Hi Fatbob,
    I have the Irulu 7" MIDAS107 tablet.
    I have been also scouting around an found the IRULU site that has what your looking for,
    go to the site and find your tab,
    they have the model# and the Item #
    you want the item#, then go to the DRIVERS Tab.
    there use the item# to get update software, Usb driver and RKtools download.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kzrdr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kzrdr View Post
    Hi Fatbob,
    I have the Irulu 7" MIDAS107 tablet.
    I have been also scouting around an found the IRULU site that has what your looking for,
    go to the site and find your tab,
    they have the model# and the Item #
    you want the item#, then go to the DRIVERS Tab.
    there use the item# to get update software, Usb driver and RKtools download.

I checked there before and didn't think they would be updating the drivers list because everything that was previously listed was from years past. Placing these files on my Google Drive immediately. Lets get to rooting!!! Eternally grateful KZRDR!!!
    Last edited by crombiesooner; 01-16-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast