Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks

Red triangle and dead android

Hello,

My friend bricked U30GT-Mini after updating to kasty-cube 1.05. From his log I know that "Wait for loader failed". After failed flashing his tablet starts and shows dead android with red triangle. It's still possible to enter Android Recovery, but we are unable to install any updates from there.

He tried power & vol+ combination and it didn't start in flash mode, but dead android is displayed. U30GTM is detected by pc, when connected via usb as Android Debug Device. It's recovery mode in adb. We tried to push something on internal sd but failed. "adb shell" is not working too. It says /system/bin/sh not found.

I know how to get tab in maskrom, by disassemblying but I don't exactly know what screwdriver should I use.

EDIT: RKTool doesn't see anything :C

If anyone can help me it will be great

Regards,
    Chris
    Last edited by cziter15; 01-24-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks

Re: Red triangle and dead android

long shot, but have u tried putting an official update.img named update.img on an sdcard

Thanks

Internal sdcard or external ?

Thanks

Try both if you can.

I'm guessing here, but typcially I would expect @ boot for it to look for an update.img if all else fails, as it still boots to a fashion you'd hope it looked for such an .img now I can't guarantee update.img is the correct name it's looking for but I have seen that as an example and it makes sense.

Thanks

Tried both, it's unable to read anything from sdcard.
    What screwdriver fits U30GT Mini ?

Thanks

It sounds to me like there is an issue in the device not getting into RK flash mode. I'd think that if you could properly get it into the firmware flash mode then you could at least flash back to stock and verify that the device does work properly. Sounds like a botched flash, not saying the user did anything wrong, just that the flash didn't take.

From my recollection of working with a co-worker's U30GT-H, I was able to flash after doing a full power down of the device followed by holding just one of the volume buttons (I can't recall which) while plugging in the USB to the tablet (I keep my PC to tablet USB cord plugged into the PC all the time).

Personally, I would try every single option available to me before resorting to opening up the tablet.

Thanks

Tell me than my options one by one... coz I'm full of clicking pwr & vol and nothing... always boot into recovery

Thanks

I feel it's important to ensure the tab has been powered off to start with. I would also have RKBT open so you can see the coloured box to identify state.

Prolonged Press Power Button.

If you have a paperclip reset button then I would prolonge press that to

First set I would try would be with the mains power connected to tab & USB connected to PC & Tab

1.Power & Vol+ together
    2.Power & Vol- together
    Last edited by Hejira; 01-25-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks

RBT doesn't see anything. Device always appear as Android composite ADB Interface, but it's useless because adb push, reboot-bootloader doesn't work. Rebooting in bootloader via ADB causes tab to restart and show dead android, same as pressing Power & Vol +

Reset button ? Where is it located on u30gtm ?
    Last edited by cziter15; 01-25-2013 at 04:01 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cziter15 View Post
    RBT doesn't see anything. Device always appear as Android composite ADB Interface, but it's useless because adb push, reboot-bootloader doesn't work. Rebooting in bootloader via ADB causes tab to restart and show dead android, same as pressing Power & Vol +

Reset button ? Where is it located on u30gtm ?
    Seeing nothing tells you something, that's why I always recommend having it open!

I did say "IF" my tab has a small paperclip size hole on the rear which is a reset button, can't guarantee ever tab will have one.

Next I would try:

From Powered Off, With the mains power connected to tab & USB connected to PC ONLY

1.Insert Usb to Tab while Holding Vol+
    2.Insert Usb to Tab while Holding Vol-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast