Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thanks

[ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros MID7042 - rooted, deodexed, Google Play

This isn't much, just a slight modification of the stock firmware with root, Google Play, and a few other changes.

WARNING:
    This firmware was tested on a Novo 7 Elf and it worked fine, but you are solely responsible for its use.
    If it bricks your tablet you've been warned.

Features:
    - Gapps + Google Play fix
    - Rooted
    - NetworkLocation service fixed (to pinpoint your location in apps like Google Maps)
    - Deodexed for easier modding/theming
    - Samsung Galaxy tab fingerprint for better app compatibility

Downloads:
    Version 0.1:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Flashing instructions:
    - Download [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], this is the flashing software for A10 devices
    - Run LiveSuitePack.exe (a bunch of files will be extracted to the current folder, so best to create a new one)
    - Now run livesuite.exe
    - Choose "SelectImage"
    - Choose the coby_kyros_4.0.3.img
    - Now you need to put your device in upgrade mode, to do so:
    1. power off the device
    2. Press and hold any physical key except the power key on the device(ie, press and hold Vol+ key, still holding in 3 and 4)
    3. Connect the tablet to your PC via USB cable
    4. Repeatedly press the power button until a popup dialog shows on your computer screen
    - Now follow the on-screen instructions

Windows 7 64-Bit users: it has been reported that you need to use LiveSuite 1.0.7: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks to all who posted firmware dumps and tested in this thread

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steev For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: [ROM] Custom ROM for Coby Kyros MID7042 - rooted, deodexed, Google Play

:) Steev you are theshizzle. A week ago I cracked the screen on my Mid7024 of which I was enjoying the amenities of your CFW rom. The various devs and you made that tablet actually usable, for this I thank you all. I ordered the 7042 to replace it a few days ago, and after searching found that since it was so new, no one had made a custom build for it yet. So thank you very much for taking the time to put this together and make this tablet also usable. On a side note, since I now have a mid7024 without a touch screen, I removed the glass digitizer and was thinking of trying to run some kind of Debian Linux for arm distro on it for kicks. Know of any good for the mid7024?

Thanks

Hi!
    First of all thank you so much for taking the time to make this available. My only problem is that I've done this a couple times now and after using my device for awhile each time it just restarts. After it turns back on it restarts itself again after a little while. It restarts itself the most while in google play. Sometimes it even wipes everything clear. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello, thanks for the efforts to make a port.

I'm afraid to install updates as they come out so I'll wait a bit. But is there anything I can help to improve the next versions? I'm afraid to take some risk of losing the device.

Sorry for my english. : P

Thanks

Ok,I got my tablet yesterday, voided the warranty within a day of having it to get access to play(I suppose anyway). Everything is great but I think a better fingerprint then the samsung needs to be found. Every since I got the mid7024 & now mid7042 I wanted to be able to use something like google+, skype, or qikvideo to use the front facing camera for video conference(cause what else use is there for the damn thing). Apperently for these apps there was something in newer versions of android that could allow this, so I was hoping since now I am running Ice Cream Sandwich I would no be able to do this, but Qik isnt in this market and when u find on getjar the device isn't compatible. Google+ doesnt seem support video on my device for some reason. Also it would be nice to find a way to allow the device to use Google Voice to make calls, currently its hung up on the fact that their no cell network. Really thats all the nitty picky stuff I can , because other then that this is wonderful, and thanks again Steev.

Thanks

Its good....but not good enough I'm afraid. Too many crashes. Glad to see the factory restore ROM appearing because I'm having to go back to that.

Tablet is for young son so he stops using mine for Angry Birds or Snail Bob. If it keeps crashing it defeats the purpose as I'll keep getting bugged to fix.

I'm not moaning, I appreciate the work gone into it. Better to provide feedback though than keeping schtum.

Cheers
    ALAN

Thanks

Hey there!
    I picked a 7042 and felt it was barely half the droid it could be. After I changed it i was so happy with a quality product. It is truly awesome and thanks for the trouble you went through to make it....awesome. I hate to mention that I am having the same reboot problem too. but that was the only thing :)

Thanks for making my droid a true nuff droid

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
    :) Steev you are theshizzle. A week ago I cracked the screen on my Mid7024 of which I was enjoying the amenities of your CFW rom. The various devs and you made that tablet actually usable, for this I thank you all. I ordered the 7042 to replace it a few days ago, and after searching found that since it was so new, no one had made a custom build for it yet. So thank you very much for taking the time to put this together and make this tablet also usable. On a side note, since I now have a mid7024 without a touch screen, I removed the glass digitizer and was thinking of trying to run some kind of Debian Linux for arm distro on it for kicks. Know of any good for the mid7024?

Same here,

Going back to stock image for now.

Thanks

Followed the instructions as stated above. Tried o a Windows 7 machine with no luck. Was able to flash the ROM on my XP machine. HOWEVER....it reboots, freezes up and is generally unstable. any recommendations? I have already re-downloaded the ROM and reinstalled 2 times. Thanks in advance. I hope someone replies, I posted this on another forum 2 days ago and no response but a few hundred views. UGH :-)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mahgninnuc93 View Post
    Followed the instructions as stated above. Tried o a Windows 7 machine with no luck. Was able to flash the ROM on my XP machine. HOWEVER....it reboots, freezes up and is generally unstable. any recommendations? I have already re-downloaded the ROM and reinstalled 2 times. Thanks in advance. I hope someone replies, I posted this on another forum 2 days ago and no response but a few hundred views. UGH :-)

Be sure to format when changing ROMs or you are sure to have problems. It is strange that some users have issues with this ROM, and other don't. Hopefully Steev will get a chance to do an updated ROM for this tablet in the near future.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast